Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In retrospect of the Always wear your gear thread, I am now in the market for boots! For now, I have been using my $20 Wal-Mart "Brahma" steel toe boots I used to wear when working in a warehouse. They pass my ankle. The sole did peel off after the 3rd day of use, but nothing shoe-goo couldnt fix. They feel fine. However, I know NOTHING about Boots only that they go on and protect your feet, and I doubt that the boots I'm using are adequate enough. Im looking for something that I could casually wear (if possible) after the ride, but if thats not possible, then forget it. I wear classic Addidas 3 stripe tennis shoes and Black Boot 8-eye Doc Martens if you were wondering what casual is for me I want something safe. Moneywise, I would want the best deal around if there is such a product out there. No reason to shell out the $$ if you dont have to. But if safe=$$$ then so be it. Anyway, I was wondering what your guys' experiences, recommendations, suggestions are as my researching process is conducted. I appreciate all your input in advance! :twfrox:

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I haven't tried any personnally but I have seen some nice casual riding boots from Joe Rocket and Icon. They're kind of like work boots but have the protection you need without buying the full fledge racing boots. I'm sure they'll chime in soon enough. Also go to www.newenough.com and check out some of the boots they have.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I can't stress enough to go to a store and try the stuff on!!!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Gas Man said:
:withstupi ...In a spill, if you start to roll, hands and feet are subject to fractures from the "slapping" of the pavement as you tumble. If your gear, especially your boots, do not fit properly, they will not provide the desired protection, or could even hurt you.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Are you looking for casual shoes like work boots or a true ridding boot?
AGV and others make some great sport type boots. Tall, light and with some extra protection that you cant get from the JR work boot. Some are under $100 while you could easily pay $500 for some race boots.
Call Laura at Speed Werks and she will hook you up with the style you need.
Ask if she can get the Nitro boots. They are very reasonable priced and fairly comfy. If she cant get them you can get them from gearupdirect.com
I like the nitro's because they are cheap to buy and have as much quality as I ever found with budget AGV stuff. They have a lace up combat boot also.
All the boots pictured are under $100.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I would suggest finding out what you like by going to a dealer or other shop that carries them. Trying on everything that you like. THen when you find out what you want...come home and search for a good price. It might even be just as good to buy it at that dealer. But do your homework.

Then check out new enough, knee draggers, parts 411, and cyclegear

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gas Man said:

:withstupi Can't agree More. Before I go into a store and try it on, I like to have a general idea of brands, where to get them, and your guys' experiences and suggestions so I dont look :crazy: when I walk in the local shop. Basically, I want to know as much as I can so I make the best decision. Thanks for the input and please dont hold back! Keep up the feedback!

Jeeps
I know they are not really casual, but I Kinda like these ones. Whats the model number?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Sidi, alpine, JR are all the big name brands that will do ya right... but I'm not sure what to suggest in a non-racing/more casual model...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.