Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i do it for my bike??? just curious i am thinking of doing it if i can do it my self it will give me something to do and have fun with and a new aspect to learn on!

plus i can have an excuse to not let anyone use my bike!!

so could someone give me a step by step if it is possible to do without perchacing something else!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
GP shift pattern??????????

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Bull, you don't really NEED to go to a GP shift pattern on your bike. You should concentrate on the basics of street riding for awhile.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
K nevermind, just looked up GP shift pattern on yahoo...

Id sya thats a waste of money, youll get confused anf F&*( it up and misshift and hurt yourself... and noone but u will evne know why its that way... Why shift backwards.. its like like a reverse opening trunk on a car or something.. lkeave the lever alone and spend the 24$ towards the new front tire u still need.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
WHY O WHY?? Does Bull have to make a new thread for everything?? :bonk:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Just tell him its not possible. A kid thats been riding a week does NOT need to worry about changing his shift pattern around....

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Just tell him its not possible. A kid thats been riding a week does NOT need to worry about changing his shift pattern around....

I could not agree with you more. He is to worried about doing what we do or trying what we talk about and all its going to do is get himself hurt. He is not understanding that we have been riding for some of us as long as he has been alive and thinks his few weeks on a streetbike is good enough. :nonod: I give up telling him to slow down.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
twisty said:
you both are post whores how do you sleep @ night knowing that you eating up presious internet bandwidth.
Can't.....go to......sleep.....yet....one..........more.......post....been up.....18+......hours....internet.......bandwidth......regaining......strength.....

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Yep, don't think we are bashing on you bulldog, we're just lookin out for ya.

:dthumb:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Can't.....go to......sleep.....yet....one..........more.......post....been up.....18+......hours....internet.......bandwidth......regaining......strength.....

:lol: :twfrox:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
That is exactly right MP!!! I just don't understand why he CAN never just use the thread that the topic is in!!! :bonk: :bash:

I'm in total agreence with you all.... that's why I said it's half our fault... the things he's asking about are things that I never even thought of for like the first 2 years of riding!!! He's just trying to do too much for his expierence and therefor skill level!

·
Registered
543 Posts
LOL. I actually thought a LOT about that idea before I ever even BOUGHT my bike. Then I figured I'd wait and see just how "unnatural" it really felt once I'd actually ridden the silly things. I thought that the the whole 1d/5u thing sounded way offbase. Now that I've had just the small amount of seat time I have, I wouldn't even CONSIDER the idea unless it were going to be a bike that I only ran on a track. That way my brain could "shift" (no pun intended) based on the circumstance. However, for everyday riding the standard pattern makes perfect sense and I would likely eat it hard a couple times before I got the other way to work.

My :2cents:

:bluemc:
-G

·
Registered
893 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Didn't we just discuss this in depth last week somewhere on here?

Anyways...My :2cents: would be that very few people would ever need to have GP shift on the street. There's really no reason for it. GP shift comes in very handy on a track, and if you have a track bike and a street bike, they should both be one or the other. I have GP shift on my race bike, and GP on my street bike. Do I need it on the street? Not really. Would I be confused if it wasn't? Yes. Once you get used to something, it's very easy to make a mistake switching to something different.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
CBR Rider said:
For some reason I feel strangely responsible for this.... :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

See what you did. :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts