Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It almost seemed like it, but the reviews of the new 750 are inspiring. Kevin Schwantz recently said he thought the new 750 might rejuvenate the class. What do you think?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't think so. Everyone is racing 600's and 1000's and Suzuki is the only one putting money into a 750 sportbike.

There's no money in it for the manufacturers. They'd have to start another racing class before they start throwing money at it. Just my .02

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it's not so much about having a bike to race, but having one that appeals to the masses of street riders. The 750 is a nice compromise.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gixxer1 said:
I think it's not so much about having a bike to race, but having one that appeals to the masses of street riders. The 750 is a nice compromise.
I agree...a 750 is a good alternative, best of both worlds kinda ride. A main reason the Interceptor is still as popular as ever with buyers who want enough power to get it on, in deals gap, yet not end up with a "ironbutt" riding down there and back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
if i end up gettin a bike, i'm definatley gettin a 04 GSXR750. a guy that lives near me has one and from the way he talks, it sounds awesome. i dont think i want to go up to an 1000, and the 750 seems like a geat compromise between that and a 600.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Suzuki4Life said:
if i end up gettin a bike, i'm definatley gettin a 04 GSXR750. a guy that lives near me has one and from the way he talks, it sounds awesome. i dont think i want to go up to an 1000, and the 750 seems like a geat compromise between that and a 600.
An plus, Suzuki is the only manufacturer that pushes out a 750 sportbike, the caliber of a Gixxer. Yeah they're a great ride, and you can really trick em out too.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I have the 750 and I know I love it. I have owned 900's and 1000's before and love how my 750 moves just as easy as the others did and not as heavy. :)

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
katana_j said:
This guy around the corner from me traded in his bandit 600 for a gixxer 750,Man what a nice bike!:)

Wow, that's a trade! I'll the gixxer anyday over a Bandit.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
katana_j said:
This guy around the corner from me traded in his bandit 600 for a gixxer 750,Man what a nice bike!:)
has he let you ride it yet? :rolleyes: :redmc:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All this talk of 750's really has me wondering how feasible it would be to trade-up. Since the multi-bike discussion committee (wife) has nixed the idea of expanding my collection, that's my only option.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
All this talk of 750's really has me wondering how feasible it would be to trade-up. Since the multi-bike discussion committee (wife) has nixed the idea of expanding my collection, that's my only option.
how long have you had the ride you'd be trading in..and for that matter, how many rides do you have? my wife made me stop at 2, until we get our house next year. sheesh! ;) :whistle:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Why would Suzuki drop the 750? They have the best, fastest, and only Japanese four cylinder 750. Their tooling is paid for and their 750 is comparible to 1000's. I'll bet that 95% of the buyers don't race them (on a track) and don't care if there is a 750 class or not. And don't forget about the insurance of a 750 vs 1000.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
yeah its kinda odd that the others havent started to pump more resources into mid class beast like Suzuki has. the demand is pretty large for em, for what I know, so you'd think everybody else would wanna get a piece of the mid-class pie that suzuki has been hogging for all these years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts