Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
one of my spark plugs on my 04 gsxr 1000 keeps fouling out but the other 3 are good.Its always the same spark plug.It runs great after I put a new plug in for about 2 weeks then it fouls out again.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
how comfortable are you in disassembling the carburetors. a plug will foul out if it is either getting too much fuel or not getting enough air. if there is a performance issue, a plug can foul out if it is not getting enough spark.

here is a link to show how to read the spark plug for diagnosing problems.
http://www.centuryperformance.com/spark2.asp

-a|ex

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Can you swap injectors? If the fouling moves to the other cylinder, the injector is bad. If it stays in that cylinder, you could try swapping plug wires with the cylinder that fires at the same time (1 and 4, 2 and 3). If it moves, bad plug wire, if it stays, you may have an oil control problem in that cylinder.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Can you swap injectors? If the fouling moves to the other cylinder, the injector is bad. If it stays in that cylinder, you could try swapping plug wires with the cylinder that fires at the same time (1 and 4, 2 and 3). If it moves, bad plug wire, if it stays, you may have an oil control problem in that cylinder.
you can unplug the harness and check the resistance of each injector. if one is off, then you know it's bad. a simple ohm meter (volt meter) should do.

-a|ex

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
you can unplug the harness and check the resistance of each injector. if one is off, then you know it's bad. a simple ohm meter (volt meter) should do.

-a|ex
Good call!! Rep Pt!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts