Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well doing a 400+ mile trip on the bike got my hand tired on the throttle the entire time. So I think they need to make like cruise control for bikes. Although I think they already have it for like Goldwings and stuff like that.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
There is a plastic "cruise control" that clips on to your throttle grip, your wrist rests on it and takes alot of strain off your hands. These clips really aren't that expensive. Oh and the big cruisers do have a real cruise control, ahh hell they even have reverse!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My v65 Magna Had C/controll.
It was a thumb activated coller that clampd down on the wirlpull part of the throttle and held it on one Ideal place based on the speed you were running. It was awesome and worked great. I loved that thing. They still sell it today as an add on. I belive it fits any twist throttle.
It is not for twon or bendy roads where throttle controll is necessary. Open highway only I'm sure.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
They make a few things for ya..

First...throttle rocker... I made a thread a while ago on it....check it out.

Second, they make a grip throttle lock which acts like cruise... you can get it at most powersports dealers...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
In the 70's and 80's, Joe Minton used to write how-to articles for Motorcyclist magazine. This was when bikes needed a lot of upgrades to engine, brakes and suspension. One article he wrote was about fitting a new set of handlebars, back when most every bike had handlebars shaped like half steering wheels.

He said to cut a broom stick into two six-inch sections and hold them in each hand. Sit on your bike and hold the sections where you want your handlebars to be. Would then have to measure the rise and setback, and order a set ($20) from K&N.

You can still do this, but it costs a lot more. Check out these handlebars for current sport bikes: http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Ok, well doing a 400+ mile trip on the bike got my hand tired on the throttle the entire time. So I think they need to make like cruise control for bikes. Although I think they already have it for like Goldwings and stuff like that.
BMW has electronic cruise control :dthumb: Works great make 850 mile day trip few times a year in comfort;)

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured BMW had 'em, as well as like the Goldwings and similar. I just got tired rolling around on the throttle for the 400+mile trip going anywhere from 90mph - 140mph... Would've been nice just to set cruise control at like 120-130mph and go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts