Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe the House of Chrome is tarnishing??

A Harley-Davidson Inc. shareholder has sued the motorcycle company, alleging that it used false and misleading accounting measures to conceal weakened sales, which later led to a collapse in the stock price.

In the lawsuit filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Milwaukee, Raymond Kadagian alleges that Harley shipped more motorcycles to dealers than they could sell, a practice called "channel stuffing."

The essence of the claim is that Harley inflated its sales prospects and failed to disclose the company's true financial condition, said David Scott, a Connecticut attorney representing Kadagian, who lives in Las Vegas.

Kadagian is a "small" Harley shareholder, Scott said. He is seeking class-action status on behalf of himself and others who bought Harley shares between Jan. 21, 2004, and April 14, 2005.

In mid-April, Harley shares fell 22% in only three days after the company announced it was lowering its 2005 earnings forecast, was temporarily cutting production by 3%, and might not achieve a goal of producing 400,000 motorcycles in 2007. The day of the announcement, April 13, the company's shares posted their biggest drop in 14 years, knocking almost $3 billion from their stock market value.

On Thursday, when most stocks were slightly up, Harley shares closed up 38 cents at $49.56.

http://www.jsonline.com/bym/news/may05/327390.asp

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:wtf: :wredx: :wbs: :sw: :bslap: :zowned:

Sounds like a good thread to use some of the newer smilies!!

:whore:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Isn't it great how people jump to sue when a stock doesn't do well? Oooh, look, a company announced that things didn't go as well as planned, so the stock dropped. Time to sue. You know what I'm going to do? The next time a stock does well because of an announcement, and I don't own the stock, I'm going to sue because the company was hiding something from me. After all, I'm the one that didn't do my research, so the company should have to pay for that, right?

Why the hell do we always blame someone else for our misfortunes, but we are quick to pat ourselves on the back when we do well?

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Isn't it great how people jump to sue when a stock doesn't do well? Oooh, look, a company announced that things didn't go as well as planned, so the stock dropped. Time to sue. You know what I'm going to do? The next time a stock does well because of an announcement, and I don't own the stock, I'm going to sue because the company was hiding something from me. After all, I'm the one that didn't do my research, so the company should have to pay for that, right?

Why the hell do we always blame someone else for our misfortunes, but we are quick to pat ourselves on the back when we do well?
That's the American way!
That and buy now pay later! :crazy:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Maybe all the doctors, attorneys, and stock brokers that are dumb enough to pay their inflated prices over the MSRP can devise a way for Harley to rebound.

Maybe they can sell the company to AMF again :lol:

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
snakemann said:
Maybe all the doctors, attorneys, and stock brokers that are dumb enough to pay their inflated prices over the MSRP can devise a way for Harley to rebound.

Maybe they can sell the company to AMF again :lol:
Funniest. post.ever :lol:

·
Registered
964 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts