• No, but I've been really close!

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Not yet, still waiting

Votes: 16 22.9%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yup took me about 3 months. lady pulled out right in front of me. but i made out better getting in the wreck. but i hope it never happens again.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I watched the bee fall over in the garage... :cursin: ...so I have the superglue and electricians tape on one crab eye...but so far the bee has been crash free...but I have fallen at least once on every bike I have owned...

·
Banned
474 Posts
When I first got it...took it out on the street and a minivan came right at me and I pantic and grabbed throttle and BAM... ALL CURB... The bike went down on my leg and I could ride for about 2 weeks. Mostly confidence went down :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yup, more than once on the same bike. Just part of the learning curve, I suppose. The learning bike I've got's a tank. No serious damage on the low side but the rear ending cause lots of things to break :cursin:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
With my old EX500...I had a Winslow type incident... hold rodin in a parking lot and nipped the curb and bang! Also, had a driveway drop with that bike.

The 9R...I had a near miss in a parking lot but saved the drop with my leg. Then I had the deer incident... and that sucked!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
With my old RF900RR I had, I was coming up to a stop and was going to roll through it till I had to stop completely and...well...I didn't put my feet down and you know the rest. Little scratchs and all. Nothing to big.

Then there was the other time and last time that some old lady pulled out in front of me and stoped and looked at me. I had no choice but to throw the bike down and roll with it. We went about 50ft or so and I bounced past the bike. as we were sliding towards the car, she pulled out and left. :bash: About $1500 in damage and that was with a full new Yosh I put on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've went over the handlebars a couple of times.One of them at over 70 mph lucky for me i was on a dirt rode.And i was a young whipper snapper back then :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nope, havn't gone down on my bike. But i have had some one go down on me while sitting on my bike :dthumb:

Shan, you really gotta watch these thread titles a little more :lol:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
DAN DUBEAU said:
Shan, you really gotta watch these thread titles a little more :lol:
Part of me wanted to reply with just, "No, but I have on your sister." I'm able to restrain myself a little more these days I guess. :rofl: :leaving:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
r1sharknose said:
I've went over the handlebars a couple of times.One of them at over 70 mph lucky for me i was on a dirt rode.And i was a young whipper snapper back then :D
please say that was 70 on a dirt bike and not a sportbike. :wredx:

·
Registered
174 Posts
No it wasn't a dirt bike or a sportbike.This was in the 70's pre sportbike days.I think they called them cafe racers back then.
It was a suzuki gt 250 streetbike that i flipped (and it threw me over the bars)doing a wheelie.Then 3 weeks later i hit a gully washed out on a dirtroad doing 70+.I remember it well,i had just hit 80 goin into 6th when i saw the washout, about 4 car lengths away.My first thought was the brakes, but it was so big i had to get the front wheel over it.So i bounced it and got the front wheel over it.But the back wheel went in and hit a wall,kicking it up and over.That was the last thing i remember about the wreck,my brother came along later and woke me up. I was about 70 yards from the gully and right beside my tore up bike...

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I joined the over the bars club one summer while attended college classes. I was coming around a curve, watching this 9 ft tall pair of hot pants walking across campus and drove into the back of a SIU work truck...I did get her number and a date though!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Had to think about this one...

Many years ago, when "Dual Sports" were called "Enduro's" I laid mine down, stopped sliding with my head resting on the front tire of the car that caused that little shenanigan, have been over the bars on a couple different dirt bikes, and have gained a new appreciation for full face helmets in the process, and even had to turn lose of one or two and just watch it all happen. I was washing my '01 Kat when I accidentally pushed it off the side stand, and I couldn't catch it ! :sob: I'm hoping the God's will go easy on me with the new bike.. :whistle: :lol:

:pat:
Steve.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The 954 fell once in my stone driveway :bash: The R6 never went down. As for my younger days, I have some injury pics that you guys probably dont even want to see. The dirt has shown me the most pain. Maybe I should start up a worst injury/scars thread and see how close somebody can come to what I've got.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I haven't gone down riding yet, but I have dropped it 3 times in parking lots and stupid [email protected] like that. Just a matter of bad footing, or wet grass. I have only damaged the bike one time. I was next to a concrete barrier and I parked to close, when i went to put my foot down, my leg got caught on the peg or something, all I know is it went over and scratched/cracked the right rear fairing and seat cowl. So I bought new rear fairing. I went ahead and bought a new gas tank too since it had a small dent in the tank from the bar hitting. I then got the custom paint job, and haven't let er down again.....yet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The problem with Going down on a bike is...

They all taste like Gas, Oil, & Rubber..? :leaving:

Sorry, I couldn't resist the er, oppurtunity :leaving:

:pat:
steve.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
i went off the road a couple months after getting it. i over shot a turn and there was too much gravel on the shoulder to brake effectively so i tried riding it off road and as soon as the front tire hit loose dirt I was down. Luckily it was a sharp turn so I was onl doing 20-25. It turned out good with the insurance claim. Pipe, PC3, and a K&N all for the price of the stock can. It also went over in the garage but luckily all the fairings were off.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.