Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On other words, it's been raining and you've gone out riding anyway? Either for fun or because you had to?

I think we've all been caught in rain at some point, but how many go out in it on purpose?

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I don't mind it. If i'm plannin on riding and it starts raining I'll still go, but If its just been rainin all day I most likely will not decide its a good time to ride :D

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Well, I've been caught out in the rain, but I've never purposely left the house on the bike when it was raining.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
well most of us know that BULLDOG went out in the rain for fun. personally i hate the rain weather its in a car or on a bike, i hate the rain.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
If it was already raining...no. If it looked like it might..I have chanced it and went anyways. :dthumb:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
If it's less then 45% I'll go out and ride... anything over that I won't go... I got caught out and my way to a meeting spot... started raing Cats and Dogs... and I was at the point 20 miles to get there or 40 miles to get back home... So I keep going, on the interstate even... that was crazy...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ive ridden in the rain alot, Ive got some pretty good rain gear though. I dont mind it to much, just got to pay a little more attention. Crosswalk paint is some slippery a$$ shyt and asphault sucks.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
If it looks like its going to rain, I'll chance it sometimes, my luck, I get down poured on. That sucks.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Only got caught in it... but I have never left my garage when it's raining!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yep! A couple years ago. Hadn't ridden in the rain yet and we had about two weeks of it. Saturday afternoon was warm with a steady rain. Decided it was time to learn to ride in the rain on my own terms. Did about 75 miles and learned alot. Shortly thereafter got some waterproof gear! Glad I did it because the first time I got caught in it, I wasn't as nervous. Anyone who hasn't done this should.

P.S. Cleaning the bike afterwards is absolutely miserable!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah cleanin the bike after riding in the rain sucks!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
2FURYUS said:
:iagree: lotsa fun in the mud. :thumbs:
Do you mean fun like this?

MP was this fun?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Once or twice, but not lately... been caught out in the rain a few times...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Gas Man said:
Do you mean fun like this?

MP was this fun?
lol.. Yeah lots of fun surfing through 4-6" of mud on the interstate median.. I almost saved it but the slope was far too slippery.. That's how MP was born.. Last year getting ready for the track a gravel hauler cut me off and I either could hit him or go into the median - you see the choice I made.. So never made it to the track but a Mudpuppy was born.. and you have to realize it is even funnier to me because I grew up riding dirt bikes and just recently switched, or at least thought I did, to street..

As far as the rain I took my road test in the rain on purpose - that was the only time I ever rode on purpose in the rain and that was because I wanted my license too damn bad.. Otherwise I have rode plenty in the rain but usually it is something that just happens.. Rode to Royal Oak one time with DSR in the pouring rain.. Was kind of pointless because no one was there.. Rode home in 2nd gear last year in a tsunami doing like 60-70 passing people in between cars and in the left turn lane because I was pissed my gear shifter was bent..

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Your all Wuss's

im JK....
But ive ridden in the rain lots... no rain gear just a freezing @$$ after but lots of fun. If its warm enough that i know it wont snow then i ride in the rain un less i'm gettign groceries or something.... My thought on my bikes and truck is : " Truck is for Snow/Ice and running errands to pick stuff up i cant carry on the bike, And the bike is for everything else."

But i did get caught in snow and hail and whatnot before by following that policy, so unless u are ok with being so cold u think your wang became a popsicle for your g/f when u get home i wouldnt go that route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
caught in the rain? i dont care what the weather is like unless its hailing it is always a good day to ride..... i have left on many trips in thunderstorms. hell little over a year ago rode 300 miles in torential down pour at night i left at 2am in heavy fog couldn't ride but 45 on interstate but enjoyed it. rode from martinsville va to washington dc & the beltway isnt fun in a torential downpour in rush hour traffic........ but other wise i have taken off on many trips in heavy rain...... NOW HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE LEFT TO GO ON A TRIP IN A SNOW STORM????????? i have several thousand miles of riding on snow & ice.... i hate black ice though..... that is a killer....... hell couple years ago i rode to go eat lunch at a local wendys & parking lot was nothing but black ice.... i am glad i didnt have kickstand interlock i had to pull off with kickstand down as i couldnt get bike up on 2 wheels as my feet were slipping on black ice i just wore my loafers as i was only 2 miles from home so i had to ski till i could get it off kickstand & on 2 wheels & i got my ass home.......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts