Two Wheel Forums banner

Heated Grips

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Mojo 
#1 ·
I'm probably going to buy a set for my gf. She wants some pretty badly. Does anyone have a recommendation for brand?

#2 ·
Ive not used heated grips yet on any of my bikes, but have often consider it since and DJ constantly find a reason to ride well into the cold months.. :D

While I couldnt give you a good recommendation as to what kind is best, if you check out www.speedwerks.com and drop them an email, and sure laura could help you out. :)

#3 ·
When I lived in St. Louis, I used to buy those little chemical packs that got hot and put them in my mittens and it helped, but heated grips would be a must for cold weather riding. Of course, (yapper, yapper,yapper) I don't need them because it is 70's here today and the sun popped out about 3: 15 so it is time for the Saturday afternoon ride

#5 ·
bumblebee said:
When I lived in St. Louis, I used to buy those little chemical packs that got hot and put them in my mittens and it helped, but heated grips would be a must for cold weather riding. Of course, (yapper, yapper,yapper) I don't need them because it is 70's here today and the sun popped out about 3: 15 so it is time for the Saturday afternoon ride
thats a good idea, never thought of doing that..duh!!!!..note to self, try these next time !!

#6 ·
I went riding yesterday in 42 degrees without my Hippo Hands. My palms wern't cold, but the tips of my fingers and knuckles were. I have two sets of Hippo Hands knockoffs. They are covers that completely enclose the grips. You stick your hands inside and use light gloves. It's kind of weird not seeing your hands, but it really works well for cold weather. I got them from J.C. Whitney years ago. I use them all the time on my unfaired Suzuki. I'll take a picture of them with my film camera and post it in the future.

#7 ·
I've had heated grips. I've personally used both HotGrips and Dual Star. Both are very easy to install and work GREAT. The HotGrips are replacement grips that are pretty thick (I like the fact they're fat) and the Dual Stars are elements that go under the grip of your choice. Awesome investment. They make a HUGE difference when riding in the 50s and below...

#8 ·
stevnmd said:
I've had heated grips. I've personally used both HotGrips and Dual Star. Both are very easy to install and work GREAT. The HotGrips are replacement grips that are pretty thick (I like the fact they're fat) and the Dual Stars are elements that go under the grip of your choice. Awesome investment. They make a HUGE difference when riding in the 50s and below...
Thanks man, I bought my set today. Now I can be like the BMW guys and not have to spend a gazillion dollars on great heated grips that come with a crappy bike....Just playing. :dthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.