Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know that each helmet manufacturer has its own shape and fit. Apparently I have a "Shoei head". My questions is, are there any other helmets that fit like a Shoei from your guys' experience? Im just trying to keep my options open. The brands im looking at are Shoei, Arai, Suomy and AGV. From what you guys are saying, Shoei and Arai have incompatible fits and feel. Well how about other helmet brands? I know there really is not much I can to until I can actually go out and TRY THEM ON, but I just wanted as much info and research I can do before I seriously shop. Any input?...:helmet:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Cycle World has a great (in depth) article in the June issue about helmets....you should check it out before you buy.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2FURYUS said:
Cycle World has a great (in depth) article in the June issue about helmets....you should check it out before you buy.

Thats the one with the speed triple on the front right? IF so I read that article. The Z1R helmet took the prize for energy absorbtion. Still a little :skep: . Dont know how comfortable that helmet is. I dont know...Anybody else read that article? If so, what do you think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I read the article and it brought up some good points about "g" forces...But, I am curious about the comfort level...It had NO exhaust vents...ONE top intake vent...Looked like it would weigh a ton...Would have questions as to the integrity of a SNELL test...

My wife tried on EVERY helmet that cyclegear had before she finally liked the new HJC VR2...It is so popular that it is back ordered for 3-4 weeks...She was very adimate that it was the only one to fit...Including an x-11...(Very thankful she did not like!)

I know that it seems I run a little larger helmet in the Shoei's than Arai's...Lg to Md...

But, personally I am a big SNELL approved helmet...I am also a firm believer in you get what you pay for...So I spend in gear instead of performance...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
snadamo said:
Thats the one with the speed triple on the front right? IF so I read that article. The Z1R helmet took the prize for energy absorbtion. Still a little :skep: . Dont know how comfortable that helmet is. I dont know...Anybody else read that article? If so, what do you think?

Yep, that's it. Thought it was kind of interesting that some of the most expensive helmets didn't offer the best protection. And they didn't seem to big on the Snell rating...but that's cycle world, not always the most objective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts