Two Wheel Forums banner

help with mirrors

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Need4Speed 
#1 ·
Ok, this may be the wrong section but had to try some where.
I know I'm a new rider and learning more everyday, but am I the only one who just can't get their mirrors set up correctly??? it seems no matter what I try that 3/4 of the mirror is my arms/side and 1/4 or less is actual road. And it isn't the road behind me where the other vehicles are, it is well of to the side.
So now I'm bobbing and weaving my head around every time I want to check my six. I can't imagine this is normal, but I can't seem to get them set up so all it takes is a quck glance.
What is the deal?

#3 ·
I agree.....For example..my 83 Yamaha Maxim has terrible vision with the mirrors..I too have the same problem, where the inside half of each mirror is my shoulder & arms..and the outside is the road. And because the mirror is attached to the throttle assembly on my right hand and the turn signals on my left, there isn't much I could do to move them around. I was constantly having to bend down and turn my head in ridiculous directions to see properly. The size of the rider in relation to the type of mirror and where its mounted can really cause some problems. My Kat on the other hand, gives me perfect vision on either side, as the mirrors are mounted on the fairing and are high enough / stick out just far enough to give me good vision when im riding.

You can try aftermarket mirrors, depending on the bike you have, and how you can mount them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.