.Customer Finds Finger In Frozen Custard
Customer Thought It Was Candy
UPDATED: 11:57 am EDT May 3, 2005
WILMINGTON, N.C. -- The owner of a North Carolina store is explaining how a piece of a severed finger wound up in customer's chocolate custard.
The customer, Clarence Flowers, says he put the object in his mouth thinking it was candy and ate the custard that was on it.
He told a local television station that he didn't realize it was part of a finger until he rinsed it in water.
The owner says the employee who lost the finger had been working with the machine that dispenses custard when he was injured. Several employees are said to have helped the injured worker. But a drive-thru window worker unaware of the accident scooped a pint of custard from the bucket the injured worker had been handling.
The shop has been closed while sanitation operations are completed