Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Sup guys, my name is jeff and im 16 years living in Jersey. I love bikes to death but i'm totally new to them. I know sum things that are obvious like the difference between a r1000 and a r600. i got a few questions. im 5'3 120pds, does it matter at all your height and weight, if so please explain? How old or what is the youngest age i can start riding a bike, how old do i have to be to get my permit(restricted license) license? Im prolly getting the nsr50r to get my self used to switching gears and controling my self, what do u think bout that? ne way thanks , and please post comments, suggestions, and answer thanks again... i love Motorcycles!! :drool: :drool:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Don't buy a bike if you can't sit on it and compress the springs (don't weigh enough) or you can't put your feet on the ground (too short) Take the MSF course and start on a beginners' bike. for someone your age, probably a ninja 250 would be perfect.

·
Registered
271 Posts
:iagree: with bumblebee take the MSF and pick a bike suitable for your size and weight.

Here is a link to the NJ motorcycle manual that says you are out of luck for the street until your 17. :2cents:

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/motorcycle/mcm996.pdf

The NSR50R is a track only bike and they generally only let them on small tracks like karting tracks.

:welcome:

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you have a drivers license the nsr50r should be perfect.
Just be sure to stay off the road untill you have the operation of your bike down pat...goodluck and welcome to the motorcycle world.. :welcome:

·
Registered
174 Posts
The NSR50R is a track only bike and they generally only let them on small tracks like karting tracks.

:welcome:[/QUOTE]

I thought anything below 100cc was allowed... :skep:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Honda advertises this as a track only race bike that is not ment for street use. There are no provisions for lights or licenses. I guess it would depend on state laws as what you can license. I think even mopeds have to have some lights and a license plate up in MI.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:welcome: :twfrox:

There is a ton of info in the Beginers Corner !!

Check it out!

Also, I would say this... take the beginers Motercycle Safety Foundation coarse! They will provide you with a bike, all you need to get is some gear.

You need a riding jacket (not a leather you wear on a date), a helmet, riding gloves, and boots! A bottom line MUST!!!

Start out on a small bike a GS500 or EX500... but this has been discussed in depth in the beginers corner... make sure to go some of those threads!!!

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Hopefully you'll grow some more. My girl is 5'3" and she can't touch the ground on my R-6. It's hard to balance 400 pounds if you have to lean it over so much just to get your feet to touch(one foot anyway). You could lower it too but I'd get something small and wait a couple years to get a "real" bike. Ask a buddy to use his dirt bike if you know one. Just get like a 250 or something. They aren't slow but they aren't real fast either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea i no i hope i grow lol. ima start lifting next year or sumthin. but umm my next door neighbor has a honda rr100, and a suzuki r100. i've been on the honda which is f'ing out bro. but i cant reach the floor lol. i need to be at least like 5'7 which i think im going to be.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
MightyMous3 said:
Hey Sup guys, my name is jeff and im 16 years living in Jersey. I love bikes to death but i'm totally new to them. I know sum things that are obvious like the difference between a r1000 and a r600. i got a few questions. im 5'3 120pds, does it matter at all your height and weight, if so please explain? How old or what is the youngest age i can start riding a bike, how old do i have to be to get my permit(restricted license) license? Im prolly getting the nsr50r to get my self used to switching gears and controling my self, what do u think bout that? ne way thanks , and please post comments, suggestions, and answer thanks again... i love Motorcycles!! :drool: :drool:
hey dude whats up :welcome: i am also 16 and just started myself....but if i hadent ridden dirtbikes i wouldent have enoughf balls to jumop on my bike...i have a sv650s and it is great .......if you take the MSF you might be okay with that but get a freiend dirtbike and just see if it is possible for you to ride one... i jhave people i know that CANT get the clutch wioth the hand so they just quit.....if you have the money and are a resposible kid then go for it!!!!

what ever you do keep us posted :dthumb: :welcome: :twfrox:

but just to let you know i am the lil brother of TWF lol jk thats cool to have a kid my age so we can nag on these old guys lol

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
go here for gear http://newenough.com/

and if you have your permit you can get your bike permit....at least in cali........and take the MSF course..... :luck:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
wtf is wrong with me, at 16 i was 5'10" 200lbs. anyways im gonna go with the ninja 250 as a fist bike

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
zx636r said:
wtf is wrong with me, at 16 i was 5'10" 200lbs. anyways im gonna go with the ninja 250 as a fist bike
i asgree completly!! lol i am 6 feet and abiout 250 right now :yaewn: i am lazy this winter but got to get back into shape for football

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
bulldog said:
i asgree completly!! lol i am 6 feet and abiout 250 right now :yaewn: i am lazy this winter but got to get back into shape for football
:yaewn: :wink:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
bulldog said:
Yeah I'm not sold that it's a good 250#'s....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts