1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Dang i shoulda got an R6

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Hey thanks for the heads up. I emailed him. He might be a little turned off if he knows I dropped it and there are some scratches but then again I am a little concerned about 28k miles myself.. I think I am leaning towards track biking the R6 and just flat out buying a 2002 R1 for the street - I really want the liquid silver..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I knew MP was going to say Liquid Silver or bust!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Gas Man said:
I knew MP was going to say Liquid Silver or bust!
I am talking to him though.. I emailed him and he emailed back.. I am slightly interested now.. I did tell him about the minor damage so I expect he will shy away but we will see.. I did tell him that if location is a problem that maybe we could meet somewhere halfway or I could make a weekend trip all the way (figured I could get Dyno hammered one night and get him to agree to drive me for gas and food money :whistle: - just kidding Dyno)... Seriously though at worst I could rent a Uhaul trailer or something - I know one in Ann Arbor that is "predrilled" and I won't mention any names *COUGH TWISTY COUGH*.. I will see what he says..

Thoughts?

98 R1 vs. 00 R6? Good trade? Ok 98 R1 with 28k miles and 00 R6 with 10k miles and 1/4 mile of road rash (all aesthic - Grattan proved there was no other damage). I think I should start a poll..

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
That's pretty high mileage.
If it was serviced regularly and all that jazz its not bad.
But how do you know unless he has all service records?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah I don't know about that MP! I'd say its a even trade for the cc swap but you know yours is all good and will last ya...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Gas Man said:
Yeah I don't know about that MP! I'd say its a even trade for the cc swap but you know yours is all good and will last ya...
My thoughts exactly.. First he said he changed the oil every 3k and then when I told him I did mine every 1,500 he changed the story to every 2k.. First he said it was spotless and then he tells me the undertail broke but it is fixed from underneath so you can't see it.. I am smelling a lemon..

·
Registered
941 Posts
Don't do it bro. You know NOTHING about the bike and it's got a ton of miles. It's probably been rode hard and put away wet. Not worth the gamble especially since you know the condition of your R6.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Mp ain't no fool! he knows!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, got to go with the majority on this one. That's a lot of miles for a bike you've never seen, heard or know the owner of. Sounds like it's already a little fishy. I would keep the six. At least you know where she's been.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
10-4.. If it was close by and I could check it out easy enough I would at least check it out.. I am happy with the 6 for now.. I will wait and get the R1 I want next year hopefully after I pay off my car, etc.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
chev said:
Don't do it bro. You know NOTHING about the bike and it's got a ton of miles. It's probably been rode hard and put away wet. Not worth the gamble especially since you know the condition of your R6.

Just like your women eh Chev!!! Rode hard....put away wet! LOL :bash: sorry, I someone had to say it.,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts