Two Wheel Forums banner

Hola!

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm just starting to get into motorcycles. My roomate has a old 92 katana and another buddy has a 01 gsx600r. Now that's a beast.lol Anyways, I just wanted to say hi to you all and see if you all wouldn't mind throwing in your two cents. I'm starting to look for a good beginner's bike. I don't plan on getting anything over 600 for a first bike but I'm really not sure of a good bike specifically. To give you a good idea, I'm 6'2" 245, so I'm thinking a bigger framed bike will suit me. Anybody know of a good bike under 3000 for me? I don't want to get a really good bike because it will be my first and I know that ****e happens.

Also, on a sidenote, I've been noticing that people sell their bikes WAY over what their bikes are really worth! NADA lists honda cbr 600 f3's for about 3500 and I've only found them as low as 4500!? What gives?

Thanks all,
Chris

#3 ·
VolEngineer said:
Accessories maybe why the price is so high, who knows people want to make money.

The SV650S is a great beginners bike. You can find some nice used ones for close to 3-4k.
:iagree: and :welcome: punishercb :twfrox:

#5 ·
i got a buddy that is selling his f3 for 2300 if you interested, it needs work, but should be worth it if you can do some of the wrenching yourself (shifting fork, cam chain adjusted, new front tire, and chain and sproket)

#10 ·
Thanks all, I can't wait to get a bike. I'm thinkin I'll end up getting one next spring but I'm going to keep an eye open this winter for a good deal. I'm really starting to like the look of the cbr's. Hopefully I'll get a chance to sit on one and see if I like it.

#11 ·
punishercb said:
Thanks all, I can't wait to get a bike. I'm thinkin I'll end up getting one next spring but I'm going to keep an eye open this winter for a good deal. I'm really starting to like the look of the cbr's. Hopefully I'll get a chance to sit on one and see if I like it.

cool. Let us know what you are looking at. These guys are good at helping out when buying used or even new. Also check the "buying a used bike guide" in the "for sale" section of the forum. Sorry, just too lazy to hyperlink this morning

#14 ·
punishercb said:
Thanks, I've been looking at the cbr600 f4's. I saw a 1998 recently that was pretty nice. I'm only looking to spend about 3500 max for my first bike just so I can get used to riding. I'll move on to the better bikes someday.
:welcome: :twfrox:
Make sure you save enough $$$ to get some decent gear. Keep looking at the 2000 or early models for that price range.

#15 ·
Yeah, I will def get some gear. I already have a leather jacket so I'll just need a helmet and gloves. You know what's frustrating? I keep seeing 92's and 93's going for as much as 98s!! What's the deal? Realistically, how much do you guys think I'd be able to buy a 98 cbr600 for? I see alot goin for way more than nada prices. Maybe nada is unrealistic but comon!lol I'm only in college, so my budget's tight.

#20 ·
yeah, I can actually see how it would be advantageous, but I really don't want to take any more loans out. I just sold a mustang and made some cash off of it and I was hopin to pretty much use all that money for a bike and no more. Plus, I already have a 30,000 dollar school loan.lol

#21 ·
punishercb said:
yeah, I can actually see how it would be advantageous, but I really don't want to take any more loans out. I just sold a mustang and made some cash off of it and I was hopin to pretty much use all that money for a bike and no more. Plus, I already have a 30,000 dollar school loan.lol
That's the smartest way. Stick to your guns for now.
Do more research to get an idea of the market in your area. (classifieds, dealers and such) You don't want to get burned after you buy an older bike, get tired of it then want a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.