Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Nice site here!
Quick question. I'm looking to get a new bike soon and I'm kinda stuck between a used F4i or possibly a newer Kawasaki ZX-6r. I know that I would be happy with the F4i but I'm intrigued by the Kawi. Any opinions on the two? My main concern is comfort. I'm 6' 6" and 180lbs. A tall lanky bastard. I want to be able to take this bike on a few long road trips as well. Not a lot, but once every blue moon or so. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Now all the regulars here know I'm a big Kaw guy. However, if you're lookin at a F4i vs an older 6R (B4 the 6RR & 636). I would go with the F4i, hands down. It is/was a far better bike.

But I'll also ask, before MP does, why aren't you looking at a Yam R6??? They are great bikes as well!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I've always the like f4i's, they are great all around bikes, and you cant really go wrong with them, they've got the total package of performance, style, reliability and comfort so Im sure you'd be quite content with that selection.

Had you maybe also thought about, not only the r6 but moving up a notch to say a 750 ? like a ZX7, or Interceptor as well ?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The 600 sport bikes are pretty much alike. Small. I've ridden a CBR 600 and I'm 6 foot. The gas tank is molded in for your knees, and mine were rubbing the top part of the cutout. At 6'6, You would be much better off getting a physically bigger motorcycle.

Something like a early to mid-90's Honda CBR 1000F, Kawasaki ZX-11, Yamaha FJ 1200, or Suzuki GSX1100 Katana. Plus, if you live in someplace like Kansas, any of these would be better than a 600 sportbike. The money you save buying used will pay for tires, suspension and brake upgrades, and insurance. :2cents:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
First all, welcome to 2wheel and glad your here.

I agree with No Worries on the bigger bike so you are comfortable on it. Now going with the big boys bike, remember it is going to have more power and alot more ready to fly then the smaller ones. Don't get me wrong, they all move but the biggers ones do it faster. If you have been riding for a while, get what is going to feel best and more comfortable to you riding. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at a 2002 F4i. I've ridden the R6 a few times and it is a nice bike, but I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it...you know? I have thought about the ZX7 too. Is there any difference in physical size between the 600s and a 750?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
buddylee602 said:
Is there any difference in physical size between the 600s and a 750?

There is a half an inch or maybe a inch between height. Nothing serious. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Triumph make some nice rides, no doubt...forgot about those..

go the manufacturers websites (you can find them on the index page of TWF), and they'll have the height/weights, all the data you need of the rides..that kinda stuff doesnt change much over the years.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Gas Man said:
Now all the regulars here know I'm a big Kaw guy. However, if you're lookin at a F4i vs an older 6R (B4 the 6RR & 636). I would go with the F4i, hands down. It is/was a far better bike.

But I'll also ask, before MP does, why aren't you looking at a Yam R6??? They are great bikes as well!!
Let me just say BRAVO Gasman - now you are getting it. Hands down if you are buying a 600 there is no better bike than the R6. I have ridden the rest now I ride the best. You weren't "feeling it"? Um, maybe because you were off that day or something? Maybe you should try again and repeat until you are "feeling it" because somebody's got to feel this and there is hands down no better 600 than the R6. Of course the damn bias cycle mags, as Twisty would say - DAMN YOU FACIST CYCLE RAGS! , have picked the 2004 GSXR 600 as best in class but that is because they don't understand what true class is, actually I will deny this if you ever repeat it but the GSXR 600 this year is pretty sweet. But you are not looking 2004 so most definately get an R6 and you will never regret it or look back. But then again you have to ask yourself - do I want the best or is a mediocre bike good enough for me? Because there are those that ride Yamaha and then there is everyone else..

Ok that is my non-bias plug for Yamaha, otherwise known as the "piano maker" or something.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Ok that is my non-bias plug for Yamaha, otherwise known as the "piano maker" or something.
yeah, u can learn to tune a piano at the same time you're enjoying ur new ride! ;)

but seriously though, all the 600's out there are beasts, and by far the most popular class of sportbikes these days, they do it all well. but the more u hang around here, the more MP will have you dreaming of an R6. :willy:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
There is a half an inch or maybe a inch between height. Nothing serious. :)
Are you on crack??? :screwy: There is also about 100lbs difference between the 6R & 7R. Along with the fact that the 7R is an overweight slob of a bike. Putting out about the same power as most 600's with lots more weight....

On the up side, due to the extra weight, it is a very nice and smooth riding bike... :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Did I mention that there is no better 600 than an R6? I wasn't sure if I did.. Oh yeah and come 08 we are going to make Yamaha an american company and produce the first real american sportbikes right here in the good old USA. I am not sure how anyone who knows anything about bikes could not love the R6? Come on over to my house and ride mine. I have rode all kinds of bikes and I have never rode a bike that was more seemless and smooth than the R6.. Damn now I am hungry and want to go riding.. I really have to go now..

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
better technology = lighter bikes = equals more power + a good rider x good weather = a great riding experience..

there's ur algebra lesson for today folks..from professor Speed!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
better technology = lighter bikes = equals more power + a good rider x good weather = a great riding experience..

there's ur algebra lesson for today folks..from professor Speed!

What does Algebra2 have in it then??? :D

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
buddylee602 said:
My main concern is comfort. I'm 6' 6" and 180lbs. A tall lanky bastard. I want to be able to take this bike on a few long road trips as well. Not a lot, but once every blue moon or so. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

I am 6'4" and 245 lbs. I have an '04 F4i and it hauls my fat a$$ without any problems. I put 200 miles on it today (10/5) and could have gone farther, but, nothing ruins a great ride like an empty wallet so I had to go back into work this afternoon. I have been comfortable on my F4i

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
bumblebee said:
I am 6'4" and 245 lbs. I have an '04 F4i and it hauls my fat a$$ without any problems. I put 200 miles on it today (10/5) and could have gone farther, but, nothing ruins a great ride like an empty wallet so I had to go back into work this afternoon. I have been comfortable on my F4i

Sounds like you had fun riding today. Bummer that you had to get back to work. That is always a killer. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
double2000r6 said:
Did I mention that there is no better 600 than an R6? I wasn't sure if I did.. Oh yeah and come 08 we are going to make Yamaha an american company and produce the first real american sportbikes right here in the good old USA. I am not sure how anyone who knows anything about bikes could not love the R6? Come on over to my house and ride mine. I have rode all kinds of bikes and I have never rode a bike that was more seemless and smooth than the R6.. Damn now I am hungry and want to go riding.. I really have to go now..
Would you be comfortable taking your R6 on a long road trip? Say close to 6 hours of riding or so? Not straight through...obviously breaking and resting. But would a long ride like that kick your ass on a R6 as much as it would on any other bike? I'm just curious because I do plan on taking a long trip to California. I live in AZ so it's about 5-6 hours. I don't have anything against the R6. It probably was just a bad day when I first rode it. I just wasn't really impressed with the bike. I mean it was nice and all but nothing really stuck out to me. I rode an '01 R6, one of my friend's bike. I'm gonna head to a local shop tomorrow and sit on a few bikes. Maybe call a few friends and see if I can steal their bike for a day. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts