Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless I zipper pants to my jacket, it hikes up my back and is very irritating. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't normally have that problem, mine only rides up alittle bit, but its not that bad. Do you normally ride with your riding pants as well as your jacket ?

·
Registered
893 Posts
ShanMan, What brand are you wearing? Generally a jacket will "ride up" on ya' when it's too snug in your shoulders/arm pit area. If your body doesn't have enough room to move in the jacket, it will cause it to come up like that. HOWEVER, on the flip side, you do not want a jacket that is too loose. If you hit the pavement, the jacket will move around and then you'll be SOL. Different manufacturers have different cuts, and the one you're wearing may just not be a good cut for your body type. Kind of like some people have Shoei heads and some people have Arai heads...same philosophy.

If that doesn't help, just try tying a brick to the back bottom of your jacket. That should keep it down. :dthumb:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Sew a strap of nylon with a snap on it into your liner, only takes a few stitches. Put the snaps in a fashion that you can loop it through your belt buckle strap and than snap it. (both parts of the snap on same side of fabric about an inch and a half or 2 inches from eachother)

·
Registered
893 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Sew a strap of nylon with a snap on it into your liner, only takes a few stitches. Put the snaps in a fashion that you can loop it through your belt buckle strap and than snap it. (both parts of the snap on same side of fabric about an inch and a half or 2 inches from eachother)
Damn, pickle. Great idea!

Shan, Dainese are definitely a "weird" cut. Great products, though. My first leathers were Dainese and when I crashed in them, I found out quickly that they didn't fit right when the sleeves pushed right up my arm!

·
Registered
138 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:

Excellent idea pickle.of.doom Ive seen others having a similar problems with Dainese jackets, and doing your suggestion. . It only takes a few minutes to put that strap on, and its quite handy as well, although it does pull on your belt/pants wasteline alittle bit.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
The cut is another reason why I get Joe Rocket stuff. JR is cut for us Americans...not some skinny arsed short chinese guy!! LMAO!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Gas, what kind of jacket is it......buy a heavier one..lol
I've got a Alpinestars leather and it doesnt move a bit.
I'd say if its any kind of jacket, leather or Textile and made for riding it shouldnt come up if it fits right, maybe its either too big that i has room to move or just so small it has to move up when u get over it... hard to say without seeing it on.
Does it just come up in Wind from the wind?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:

WOW..can we market this and sell it everywhere?? LOL

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Ride faster - it won't help the problem except it won't ride up your back as long because you will get to where you are going quicker.

Actually my Joe Rocket and my Yamaha leather I don't have that problem - any other jacket yes.. So I would say try a different jacket, unless of course you are sentimentally attached or financially consumed, i.e. your current gear cost alot and in that case try velcro or snaps like POD said.

·
Registered
349 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Good idea, like the tie down straps on a hockey jersey.
Works to keep your jacket down while riding, and if you ever stop at a harley bar (for whatever reason) and they try and pick a fight (or you), at least they can't jersey you.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I can't take credit for it. That is what is inside my Teknic jacket :) My JR has the velcro adjustable straps at the bottom, and its leather, so I never have any problems with that, but the tek jacket has like the elastic bottom, not adjustable, and I think w/o that strap would ride up a lot.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
the Alpine Stars has the buttonso n each side if u need to tighten it, but i think it just fits well enough and is heavy enough to not come up. I'd say its prob a good chance the upper half is too small, buy a bigger jacket if u can.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Ride faster - it won't help the problem except it won't ride up your back as long because you will get to where you are going quicker.

Actually my Joe Rocket and my Yamaha leather I don't have that problem - any other jacket yes.. So I would say try a different jacket, unless of course you are sentimentally attached or financially consumed, i.e. your current gear cost alot and in that case try velcro or snaps like POD said.
I think he's onto something... :D

But I also have JR and don't have this problem!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts