Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally I use Meguiar’s quick detailer and a terry cloth. Then I use a degreaser on my rims. That is for your average dust...

If it's really dirty or hasn't had a bath in a while I'll use Megiar's Gold car wash soap and give her a good cleaning.

However, last year, at a bike night/open house thing... I won a spray bottle of this spray wash made for bikes. It works pretty well....

What about you guys?

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Neutral cleaner and water, using sponges and flagged brushes. In between baths, I use the Honda spray, right after I ride, before I put the bee away, especially if I have been through Bug City...Honda Spray works well on bug guts

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I use Motorcraft car wash concentrate for the washes... Honda Spray Cleaner for the quick clean ups.

Best invention ever for washing bikes: The Sponge Glove.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Dry wash most of the time. Only time i use soap and water is after i ride in the rain or a couple months of dry riding. What ever happens first.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeeps84 said:
What spray? :scratch:
It's a motorcycle wash spray

Made my Spectro (also known as Golden Spectro)

Premium XL-1 Motorcycle Wash

All you do is on a cool bike (as in temp)
Spray it on the bike
Allow to sit but not to dry
Spray off with hose till no more suds appear
Stubburn dirt may require second application and/or scrubbing
Dry off bike

I won it at Rec Leuisure at some drawing. It works well... have used it a few times.

My bottle looks a bit different but here's the stuff and 2/3's down this page..
here!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Honda Spray Cleaner works pretty well but I don't think any of the quick cleanup jobs do as well as hot soapy water and a good wash mit. My bike is black so if it isn't real clean it looks like crap. Also, I'm pretty anal about it. Don't even like to ride it when its dirty. :bash:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I use wesley's auto wash about once every 2 weeks with the hose and mit. However everytime I ride I keep a can of plexus and a shop rag with me at all times, when I stop to have a smoke break I always wipe it down and buff it with the plexus. I still haven't waxed it yet. My friend that did the custom paint job told me to wait a year or so before I put a coat of wax on the paint. I guess it will be a year towards the end of the summer.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I usaually use the meguiars spray detailer with a terry cloth. Then I'll bring it into the sun to see if any swirl marks are left. if so then i apply meguiars Tech wax and polish with a flannel cloth and it works awesome. I couldn't tell you how many coats of wax I got on it. I rarely use water and soap. I'll only do that if I ride through some water and it gets everywhere

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I tried it and maybe I did it wrong but I couldn't "hear" it removing the fine particles. Maybe it's because I wipe down my bike before every ride...I don't know. I do know that Meguiars tech Wax is the shiznit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I usually wash mine once a week or so with the good ol' garden hose and wash mitt, and some Meguiars soapy stuff. In between though it gets mad water spots from our stupid lawn sprinklers (I hate having to leave my bike outside!! :cursin: ), so I always use Meguiars Quik Detailer and a towel to clean it up a bit. I've only waxed it twice so far, and I really need to do it again.... just noticed a few serious swirl marks on the tank where my knees rub. Meguiars Gold Class paste wax works quite well! :dthumb:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bought my bike to ride, not use it as a shaving mirror :lol:

But when i do get around to washing it, i just use plain ol' dish soap (don't ask me what kind, whatever is under the sink) and hot water. work up a good set of suds, and wipe on. let sit but not dry, and then just hose off.

call me lazy, stupid, or whatever. I guess i've allways just followed the old excuse, why spend more time washing it than riding it. It's just going to get dirty again.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
DAN DUBEAU said:
I bought my bike to ride, not use it as a shaving mirror :lol:

But when i do get around to washing it, i just use plain ol' dish soap (don't ask me what kind, whatever is under the sink) and hot water. work up a good set of suds, and wipe on. let sit but not dry, and then just hose off.

call me lazy, stupid, or whatever. I guess i've allways just followed the old excuse, why spend more time washing it than riding it. It's just going to get dirty again.
That's what is so great about the quick spray detailer. It works wonders.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I use LP Liquid Performance Cycle Wash on the bikes and front of cars/trucks for the wet soapy wash.
Spray it on, let set but, not dry and hose off.

You may have to scrub the bad spots like rear wheel and around the front sprocket.

For the dry washes I use good old fashioned Honda Polish.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JK_DILLA said:
one of these days im gonna clay-bar my paint.
I've done that but with the plastics it doesn't do much... the only it really helps is the gas tank... other than that the bikes usually don't get the contaments that your cars get!

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
seriously i dont even wash my bike.....i washed it the first day i got it.....every since then it has been clean.... ive done couple rain rides so that might be it???? idk it just hella clean all the time

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
im serious..... it not shinny clean...if you looked real close there is rain drops or whatever but i meen .... clean enoughf for me... i got better things to do then wash my bike.... like ride it lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts