Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to ride in a group. Last summer a large group of us rode from Los Angeles to San Diego. We had a blast, but my azz was killing me when we got there.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It varies. . I don't do car or bike clubs typically b/c they mostly consist of people standing around talking about how cool their cars/bikes are.

However, there's a good group out here to ride with, they're just not officially a club.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I am th e Vise Pres of the southern Portion of NJ Chapter for Dodgetruckworld.com. It is a webased club but as a state chapter we have get togethers for cookouts or hangouts. Its all family oriented so there is aleasy a little something for all. We invite Chevey And Ford truck clubs to join in the festivities. It is a good time and the more the marrier. Its a good time for sure.

As far as bike club it would have to be very local. I wouldnt want to spend my first hour ride meeting up with others to do a four hour ride then a hour back home alone. But still would like to have otheres to ride with. Come check out the site if you like Dodge Rams and suv's.
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=6443

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
from a finiancial standpoint, if youre in an "official club" usually your insuance rate goes down...I was told that I would save about 8% a year more if I joined a club. Thinking about that just for the insurance. I think there is a membership fee for most of these clubs, but you definately save more money in the long run.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
YEP!!! WOS in the house!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Clubs are cool. The best advice i could give to any rider that is considering a club is to hang out and ride with the club. Do your research. Spending time with the club will give you a feel of what you will be associated with for the rest of youe life.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
truth1000 said:
Clubs are cool. The best advice i could give to any rider that is considering a club is to hang out and ride with the club. Do your research. Spending time with the club will give you a feel of what you will be associated with for the rest of youe life.
Good point! :dthumb:
We have a local club that I want nothing to do with! :nonod:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think clubs/groups are cool, well at least the one's that actually ride regularly. I don't mind hanging out at the local bike nights from time to time but I prefer to ride more. I was interested in joining/riding with a group this season because last season I rode solo. I am now leaning towards not joining any particular group because I want to be able to ride with multiple groups during open rides (i've rode with one group so far this season). I am not sure how groups view their members riding with other groups.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It depends on whether you are talking about official "clubs" or just riding groups. Roach and I met on an internet forum for motorcycle riders in the DC area...it's called DC-Cycles. It was just an official place for all of us to chat about riding and such. We did group rides and bike nights. I personally am very glad that I became a part of it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have met Roach.

As far as a rider club, such as the Ruff Ryders or something like that. That's personally not my thing, but others really enjoy it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Support your local 81........thank you.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Truth..you are right. You need to know the club you are in and the club needs to know you, the rider. So it works both ways. Now there are many clubs out there that are more concerned about the number of members and not the quality of the members. WOS for example, we don't care how many so much as having good riders. You want to be able to trust the guys riding around you. Otherwise they are just putting you at more risk to crash.

Without going to much in depth, WOS has many guidlines and rules to ensure more safety and a better quality member.

Clubs are a hard thing to start and keep alive. Us, in WOS can vouch for that. But once you find a good club, you'll find more than just a good group of guys and gals but a good group of friends...and that is the backbone of WOS.

*WOS advertisement over for now!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Gas Man said:
Truth..you are right. You need to know the club you are in and the club needs to know you, the rider. So it works both ways. Now there are many clubs out there that are more concerned about the number of members and not the quality of the members. WOS for example, we don't care how many so much as having good riders. You want to be able to trust the guys riding around you. Otherwise they are just putting you at more risk to crash.

Without going to much in depth, WOS has many guidlines and rules to ensure more safety and a better quality member.

Clubs are a hard thing to start and keep alive. Us, in WOS can vouch for that. But once you find a good club, you'll find more than just a good group of guys and gals but a good group of friends...and that is the backbone of WOS.

*WOS advertisement over for now!

They let you in didn't they???

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I would never be a member of one but there's one in Vegas I check in on to see when everyone is riding. So I ride with a club but that's as far as it goes. I also post rides that i think would be good and some people from the club go along with people that feel the same as me...just want to ride.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
It is great being part of a club - especially one as diverse as ours.. All kinds of riders on all kinds of bikes.. I wouldn't have near as much fun riding solo.. Whervever we ride and whatever we do I always have a great time - on 2 wheels or just hanging out, etc. Meeting such great people who have the same interest is ultracool.. Then of course for amusement there is always Twisty.. lol..

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I havent found a club id like to be a part of yet. I think they are great but not everyone will fit in anyone. I kinda like being "unafilliated".

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm with ya MP... WOS is great!

POD just might be in there in the near future...who knows!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts