Two Wheel Forums banner

how fast have u been?

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Need4Speed 
#1 ·
what have u guys brought yr bikes up too?

i hit 190 on my modded zx-11 and 185 on the r1. i know that these are speedo readings. so factor in 10-15mphspeedo errors. :p

#4 ·
My old Yamaha got up to 130 with no problem..although im guesstimating that based on acceleration, etc..since the speedo only goes to 85 on that bike, and also verifying w/ my buddy when he was beside me on his gixxer.... had my Kat up to 140 the other day, and still had throttle left. :bike:

#7 · (Edited)
148 on my bike, it had a little more left but not a whole lot. . I've ready it'll hit 157 I think.

160+ in my vette.

148.98 in a Winston Cup car at TMS. :drool: That's a whole different deal, I highly recomment it to anyone that likes any sort of speed. A foot from the wall in a car you can't really see out of and right on another's azz is quite a bit different than an open highway. :cheers:

#8 ·
Pigface1 said:
148.98 in a Winston Cup car at TMS. :drool: That's a whole different deal, I highly recomment it to anyone that likes any sort of speed. A foot from the wall in a car you can't really see out of and right on another's azz is quite a bit different than an open highway. :cheers:
Sounds like a real rush!!!!

#10 ·
Pigface1 said:
:yesnod: 1-800-BE-PETTY. Even if you don't like NASCAR, how many places will let you get in a full blown race car and get out on an oval and hammer it. :D I'd go every year if I could.
How much does it cost? how many laps do you get ? do they limit your speed at all?

#11 ·
http://www.1800bepetty.com/

My brother in law and I went. .for our birthdays we asked our families to pay half of it. So, we went 18 laps and it was around $1300 each. 8 laps is around $600 I think, but I can't remember.

Basically you're in the car by yourself and the instructor is in the car ahead of you. You have no radio, you can't turn your head even an inch b/c of the neck restraint, and you really can't see anything through the plexiglass and roll cage. lol So, you just stay behind him, when you're ready to go faster, you get up on their azz, then they wave you off and they accelerate.

There is so much wedge in the car that you're really not turning in the turns, you're just trying to keep it in the groove. But, when you get on the straight you really have to pull it to the right to keep it against the wall. At Texas Motor Speedway, the banks are very steep, so when you go in, you're not being pushed to the side. You're being pushed straight into the seat. . when I got out I had to literally peel myself off of the seat, and that was only at just under 150.

So, Some people will only do maybe 100mph, some will do more. I think we were the fastest that day. . I had every expectation of hitting 190, but it's a different deal when you actually get behind the wheel. :lol:

Anyway, it's expensive, but it's something you'll never forget. . money well spent. :thumbs:

#13 ·
I've hit 135 or 140 on my Katana 600, but it didn't have much left. Takes a LONG time to get up to that speed on that bike, just not enough power in it (but that's fine with me for now).

I got to drive in a Busch Series car at Memphis, but it's a small track so we couldn't get anywhere NEAR the speeds that you get at a large track like they run at "BePetty". I think peak speed is around 120 in the straights, but you slow back down under 100 for the turns. Probably even down to 80. They don't want you going very fast for insurance reasons, regardless of how many times you've done it. But it is still a blast. It's around $500 for 20 laps. Now they provide in car video with lap-by-lap information (speed, RPM, etc.)

#15 ·
Pigface1 said:
Running a Busch car on the short track would be a blast too. . speed is all relative, I bet that jerks you around pretty good.

Gas Man, 190 on your ninja. . that's it?! What's the matter, you skurred? :smilelol: :cool:
:smilelol: Skurred...NO! I would tell you what highway or track I was on, but you just wouldn't get it... :nonod:

#16 ·
Driving a real Nascar car sounds like a blast :cool: Someday will have to give it a try.
Been to www.bragg-smith.com racing school a few times. Fastest I got Z06 up to, 130 MPH on the straight away. Level II used to be three days of track time cost $2400. Not bad considering you used their cars,tires, brakes and gas.
Have pulled 174 MPH :shock: in my corvette, US395 Carson city to Reno NV.

#19 ·
donutdanny said:
I've topped out every bike I have owned, just to see what it'll do.
My '02 R1 hit (speedo) 184

And I've done 10.85 in the 1/4 mile on my '00 R1 which is a rush!!!
What did your ride like at that speed? was it still stable and confident? waver at all ? etc?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.