Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shan's bike security thread got me thinking...

I've had two bikes stolen in my time.

One from my apartment complex(87 GSXR-1100), which I found on the other side of the complex stripped down to a frame, engine and wheels.

The other one, a 91 GSXR-750 stolen from work. I had it krytonited and saw it at lunch time.... came out at 3:30 pm and it was gone..... parked right across the street from the guard shack.

I hate thieves.... :upset:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
0 for me. Sorry to hear about your luck.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I have only lost one bike. 1987 GSXR 50. Got it back no worse for wear!
I had dropped it off at a friends shop so we could work on the little bugger.
I needed to run some things to do and left.

It is a small shop so the bikes are moved in and out to make room for work. I returned just over an hour and found Max gone. I asked Mike (another guy that work there) where he had gone. That's when I noticed the bike was gone and he told me the story of what happened and Max had left chasing them.

The brave thieves stole it in broad day light while they where working. All they heard was a tail gate slamming and tires squealing just to see the truck leaving the parking lot.

A few months later it was found and now back at home. :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Nope, and parked my 9R outside my apt for a full 2 years... I guess the knew that I slept about 20' from it with a shotgun under my bed and my room mate was always packin and wasn't affraid to show it. We would work on our cars and my bike and he would sling his sholder halster up on the hood as we worked... Maybe that helped!!!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Gas Man said:
Nope, and parked my 9R outside my apt for a full 2 years... I guess the knew that I slept about 20' from it with a shotgun under my bed and my room mate was always packin and wasn't affraid to show it. We would work on our cars and my bike and he would sling his sholder halster up on the hood as we worked... Maybe that helped!!!

Its an orange KAW, thats why you still have it..... :bonk:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
Its an orange KAW, thats why you still have it..... :bonk:
Don't hate!!! Appreciate!!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I had someone try to jam a screwdriver into the Ignition lock on my CB 750. I guess they had been watching Popeye and thought they would turn it like a key...The forks were locked so they would have ridden around in a circle...had to buy a new ignition and re key though

·
Registered
55 Posts
1- 2000 r1 was stolen while in ft. lauderdale that sucked but atleast it had full coverage,was the night before we were leaving to come home, and besides it was a yamaha!

·
Registered
366 Posts
None for me, thankfully. I still worry though cuz mine resides outside my house, next to my roomates RR. Two friends had their bikes stolen though... one was an '04 CBR 600 RR jacked the day after x-mas, and the other an '04 GSXR 600, jacked about 2 weeks after that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had an 84?? GPz750 nicked from the walkway by my front door not more than 15 feet from where I was sleeping inside. I got it back, it was pretty beat up to begin with and was functional when I got it back about 10 days later.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had an '89 ZX-7 and a '92 GSX-R1100 stolen years ago...one from work and one from home.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had my new '76 CB750 stolen in 1977. Back then the 750's were being swiped to use the engines in drag bikes and sand rails. Sigh...still miss that bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts