Two Wheel Forums banner

How much should I pay?

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
Hi,
New to posting in this forum, but have been around for a while. Going tomorrow to get my first new bike. It's coming at the cost of one of my cars, but will be worth it. My question is, the new GSXR 1000 retails for $10,850, so what can I reasonably expect to get the dealer to accept? Don't want to pay more than necessary, but don't want to low-ball to the extent of losing the deal.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Don't expect to get much of a brake on the new GSXR 1k.
Maybe at the end of the season.
You should be able to talk them down on all the dealer BS.

Are you sure you want a 1k for a first bike?
If so buy an older one so you wont kill the wallet so bad if you try to kill your self. :2cents:

#3 ·
Welcome 1 red.... I don't know about you... your avatar is way off and you want a suz.... :nonod: :nono:

But Jeeps is right... begining of the season on a hott new bike... they'll stand firm on that...don't pay more than that but like he said... try to cut out as much dealer crap that you can...

#6 · (Edited)
jeeps84 said:
Are you sure you want a 1k for a first bike?
If so buy an older one so you wont kill the wallet so bad if you try to kill your self. :2cents:
Thanks (to all) don't worry, definately not my first bike (see sig) and have a 750 in the garage that I'll eventually get on the track. My old 1100 was dynoed at @140 at the rear so the power isn't going to be a big shock, but rather, welcomed back. I'm a bit big (200lb) for the 750.

Jim

EDIT: Got the '05! I don't know if I'll make it through the break-in period as advised, but I'll try. This thing is AWESOME!

#8 ·
OneRedLT4 said:
Thanks (to all) don't worry, definately not my first bike (see sig) and have a 750 in the garage that I'll eventually get on the track. My old 1100 was dynoed at @140 at the rear so the power isn't going to be a big shock, but rather, welcomed back. I'm a bit big (200lb) for the 750.
Jim

EDIT: Got the '05! I don't know if I'll make it through the break-in period as advised, but I'll try. This thing is AWESOME!

explain, im currently anywehre from 190-220 and im on a 636?

#13 ·
they got me for $10,199 plus $501 set up fee. They don't offer free gear, but do offer a helmet at cost, 20% off accessories for 30 days and 10% thereafter. Not the best but better than a poke in the eye with an $11,000 stick.

As for the weight question, after racing the 1100, the nearly stock 750 feels pretty enemic. I just got really used to the race bike's power on the street (this is the first time I've ever had two bikes).

-Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.