Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride my SVS to work, weather permitting. I have taken it on long trips, but it's still (mostly) stock and not the most comfortable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i try to find a reason to ride everyday. if not to work i try to find a good excuse to hit the store. like a pack of gum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE='99SV650S]I ride my SVS to work, weather permitting. I have taken it on long trips, but it's still (mostly) stock and not the most comfortable.[/QUOTE]
Every chance I get!!!:) Well, when I'm not cruising in the vette that is ;)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I ride it whenever I can. . hardly put any miles on my car since I got it. It's just too hot to ride now, in the daytime anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been riding 365 for about 20 years. During our monsoon season, if the morning weather looks particularly sinister, I'll whimp out and take the '56 F-100 to work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I try to ride as much as possible too but having to change out of my jeans when I get to work is a hassle, so I drive to work most of the time.

Gixxer1 do you go to the Vortexx on Thursdays? I'm thinking about going tonight.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Pigface1 said:
I used to live out there for a bit, Sprocket. . you ride in the middle of summer?!
I lived there 11 years, and yes I rode in the summer. Jeans, jacket, gloves and full helmet. I used to be soaked on the ride home from work.

But it's a dry heat... :D

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
lmao I lived at Hayden and Indian Bend. . liked it, but I don't know about getting on a bike in the middle of summer. Night time it would be awesome, though.

Once it hits 90 here, I'm done. . mesh jacket, gloves, helmet. Hell, I sweat in the middle of January, so it just doesn't work for me.

Reminds me of a shirt I saw in Vegas a few years ago. . a skeleton w/ an umbrella drink sitting on a lawn chair in the middle of the desert, a bird skeleton, and a dog skeleton next to him. It said, "But it's the dry heat." lmao

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pigface1 said:
I used to live out there for a bit, Sprocket. . you ride in the middle of summer?!
All year 'round for almost 14 years. This is my fourth summer in my Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. It's held up amazingly well.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Loose Sprocket said:
All year 'round for almost 14 years. This is my fourth summer in my Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. It's held up amazingly well.

Have you tried the Phoenix Gloves? I bought them last season, I love them. They have reinforced knuckles like racing gloves, but are textile for airflow like the jacket itself.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I wear my Phoenix in the summer and love it, put my GP armor in them for a little more protection. From what I've heard, though, these things shred like crazy if you go down. I can't imagine that they would do much in a slide. . do you guys happen to know?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pigface1 said:
From what I've heard, though, these things shred like crazy if you go down.
Ya heard wrong. Another Concours owner I ride with had to dodge an SUV backing out a driveway and he went down at about 45 MPH. His Phoenix jacket held up and, unlike his jeans, saved his upper body from major road rash. I never fooled myself in thinking it's as good as leather or ballistic nylon, but my confidence in the jacket has gone way beyond the "it's better than a t-shirt" level.

Like my skid lid, I won't ride without my Phoenix. Unless it's cold, when I ride with a Meteor jacket...

See also:
http://www.joerocket.com/features/testimonials.cfm

I'm gonna check and see if Jim took any pics of his Phoenix and post them here if he did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts