Two Wheel Forums banner

How often do you wear gear, and how much gear do you wear?

• Helmet on long rides only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never wear any gear.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How often do you wear gear, and how much gear do you wear? Also add comments as to why you wear your gear and HOW you ride (i.e. always cautious, a bit aggressive, sometimes at the edge of control, always on full tilt).

Well, I tried to make this a poll, but for some reason it didn't work. Anyway, here WERE the choices I was going to use.

1. Full gear all the time.

2. Full gear on long rides, jacket and helmet (possibly gloves) on shorter rides.

3. Full gear on long rides, helmet only (possibly gloves) on shorter rides.

4. Helmet, jacket, gloves, with jeans on long rides; jacket and helmet (possibly gloves) on shorter rides.

5. Helmet on long rides only.

6. Never wear any gear.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I'd say im probably a #4, to be honest..Always have gloves/helmet/jeans on rides no matter what..but not full-gear to ride down for a candybar or a soda at the local Sheetz. I cant really justify that reasoning any other way, but to just say, thats how I do it i guess.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Always a helmet, jacket (mesh in the summer, leather the rest of the time), and gloves. Always some sort of shoe that covers my ankles, so hightops at a minimum, sometimes my Sidis.

I ride pretty agressive, don't think I've ever been on it when it hasn't hit redline at least through 1st and 2nd.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I always wear a jeans, jacket, helmet, gloves, and some over ankle boots all the time. Then on the longer rides or even shorter rides when we hit the twisties I put on the leathers, pucks, and racing boots.....I've been down in my full gear and walked away with no personal body damage...it's all in the gear!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Having experienced being down a few times, over 90% of the time I wear full gear.
Jeans protect you for about two feet of pavement.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Always a helmet, jacket and gloves. Usually jeans, sometimes pants and boots. On the ride into work today I wore sneakers with the laces tucked in, shame on me. I only do that on rare occasions though, I usually wear boots.

I wear pants on long rides, around town I don't bother.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Always a helmet, jacket and gloves. Usually jeans, sometimes pants and boots. On the ride into work today I wore sneakers with the laces tucked in, shame on me. I only do that on rare occasions though, I usually wear boots.

I wear pants on long rides, around town I don't bother.
I try to always, 99% of the time, wear over the ankle boots. The club had a guy go down last year and when the bike low sided, the peg hit the back of his ankle and chiped it. So over the ankle is always the best.

·
Registered
146 Posts
sometimes i only go helmet and gloves when it gets too hot but when i'm hitting the twisties up to Whistler i throw all my gear on always

after i got my sidi boots
it just doesn't feel right not wearing them

anybody here tried them out?

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
I'd say im probably a #4, to be honest..Always have gloves/helmet/jeans on rides no matter what..but not full-gear to ride down for a candybar or a soda at the local Sheetz. I cant really justify that reasoning any other way, but to just say, thats how I do it i guess.
If you check the stats...most injuries sustained in a fall are to the hips and lower body...If you wear jeans, at least buy the kevlar-lined ones

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
draggin jeans! :thumbs: yeah they're nice, only about 80.00 or so too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts