Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm lookin' at grabbin' my first lid, either Arai Quantum II or the Scorpion EXO-700. The only thing is that, as most know I wear a 7 7/8" fitted hat, which means it's a XL in Arai or XXL in Scorpion. But when I tried both on, just getting it over my head was tight, I mean tight. I got it on and when it was on, it was fine. But I've seen people just like put the lids on their head and it like falls down. I know that's not the way that it should fit, but how tight is too tight?

G

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
When it's on your head and chin strap strapped try lifting the back up and if it almost comes off your head it's too loose. My helmet isn't that bad putting on and it's nice and snugg. If it feels good while it's on then get use to putting it on. It should get easier to put on over time. Try an XXL you big headed mofo. :lol:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know that I have a HUGE head. I've been getting ripped on my entire life so it's cool.

G

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Keep in mind the padding inside the helmet wears down also and gets loose. When I bought my helmet 2 years ago mine fit really snugg. Now my helmet seems to be loose, but not enough to bother me really bad.

I don't think my head shrunk! LOL

·
Registered
893 Posts
When you have the chin strap on, you shouldn't be able to rock the helmet back and forth and have it move. The helmet should be snug, as the inside will "loosen up" a bit as you wear it, but it shouldn't be uncomfortable to wear. A little movement is ok, but not a ton.

Be aware that even though you may like an Aria (this is just an example, not specific to you) that you may have a Shoei head. You shouldn't have any pressure spots on your forehead when you wear the helmet.

It's important when buying your first helmet to try on as many brands as you can and see what works best for YOUR head. People tend to like certain graphic styles, and wind up buying a helmet that doesn't fit them just because "it's the cool one they wanted." A helmet is there to protect you, and all brands have a decent choice of colors/graphics/etc., so find the one that is going to protect you the best in case of an accident!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Put the helmet on and shake your head back and forth. If it shakes more than your head does its too loose. But you definately don't want any pressure spots or your head will hurt long before your wrists or butt. :cheers:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
The thing to remember when you're buying a new helmet... it should feel too tight when it's new. It will break in as you wear it!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Once you figure out which helmet you want, even though it looks cool, don't get a black one. Unless you want your brain to fry during the summer.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep like Beanz said!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
beanz said:
It fits when you have a chipmunk face and not in pain from it
:rofl3: so ture :rofl3:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts