The following are stories provided by travel agents:
* I had someone ask for an aisle seat so that their hair
wouldn't get messed up by being near the window.
* A client called in inquiring about a package to Hawaii.
After going over all the cost information, she asked,
"Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the
train to Hawaii?"
* A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. I
asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said
he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain
that it was not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of
the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the
map, and Florida is a very thin state."
* A nice lady just called. She needed to know how it was
possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20 a.m.,
and got into Chicago at 8:33 a.m.? I tried to explain that
Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she could not
understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her
the plane went very fast, and she bought that!
* I just got off the phone with a man who asked, "How do I
know which plane to get on?" I asked him what exactly he
meant, to which he replied, "I was told my flight number is
823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them!"
* A woman called and said, "I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola on
one of those computer planes." I asked if she meant to fly
to Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, "Yeah,
Received from Andychaps "The Funnies".