Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a bit of deer meat in the freezer and I'm just looking for some good ideas from other people around the country. I mainly use the ground meat for things like hamburger helper and sloppy joe, but I'm looking for other ideas for it as well. I also have cube steak, round steak, roast and loin. Any new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Teriaki sauce or Italian dressing make great marinades for your steaks. My GF parents can their meat. Stuff keeps forever and stays real moist so you can use it for most anything. I put the loins right on the grill with some steak seasoning and cook it slow. Have to go easy with the heat or it'll turn to leather.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I don't use the ground meat - I give it away - too much tendoin, etc. in there.. Roast is still a mystery to me - I make 2 out of 3 pretty good.. The round steak is great for jerky.. I have a great source for seasoning that is a can't miss (unless you burn it).. A-1 makes some great marinades like Herb and Garlic and Ginger Teriyaki.. I like to take sound of the round steak, cut it up into stewing beef type cubes and make chilli out of it.. I have a killer receipe for chilli that works well with ground beef, ground vension or best of all cubed vension.. I wish I had some vension right now.. I only got out 1 day last year and no deer..

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
I have quite a bit of deer meat in the freezer and I'm just looking for some good ideas from other people around the country. I mainly use the ground meat for things like hamburger helper and sloppy joe, but I'm looking for other ideas for it as well. I also have cube steak, round steak, roast and loin. Any new ideas would be greatly appreciated.
jerkey :dthumb:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
see im smart :thumbs: so is PhoenixGirlie good job :thumbs: :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
PhoenixGirlie said:
I just like your cat :lol:
And I would probably like yours. :redevil:

Bandit, thanks for the idea on Italian dressing, I'll have to try that.

MP, you have an IM.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
And I would probably like yours. :redevil:

Bandit, thanks for the idea on Italian dressing, I'll have to try that.

MP, you have an IM.
I dont have a ca-- ohh I get it.. :whistle:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You swap the vension meat for some MP jerky!!

:yum: MP Jerky!!! :drool:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
PhoenixGirlie said:
MP? Whats that?
MP is moi silly.. The Mastermind behind the 2008 takeover of the free world and either you are with me or against me.. Those lovely ladies that show patch on a frequent basis will be given a special place @ the Mudpuppy (aka MP) table.. Peace, izz-out..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts