Two Wheel Forums banner

Hyosung GT650R, any opinions...?

23K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  gsxr2001aaa 
#1 ·
Has anyone on here heard of this bike? i've been researching them online and i'm kind of skeptical about getting one because i don't have a Hyosung dealer near statesboro. i really like the styling and the fact that they've been basically MAKING suzukis for almost 3 decades. And i don't think it's made to be a look-a-like, seeing they have a fully faired version with stacked headlights. in fact, they're are many differences, so many that i can't even count all of them, but they're there :whistle: . i actually read in one guy's blog that he burned his brother on his SV650S on his GT650R. i like the bike and i found a place that would let me finance without a cosignor, i'm 18 with no credit at all, as long as i put 3g's down for the $4999 2006 GT650R.

#2 · (Edited)
I think it would be a great beginner bike. The only issue I see is. You need a shop that is qualified by Hyosung to do warranty work if needed.

The quality of Korean products are improving but its still not backed like Suzuki.

I bet if you lay 3 G's down you could get most any 600 as long as you have a job.
Just so others know what your talking about. Here are some pic.

#3 ·
hopefully the library on campus will have some openings for the beginning of the next semester. i would like the extra cash, but i need the actual "having a job" part for financing purposes. do you think that suzuki dealerships will know how to work on gt650R's? i mean, they are the same as the sv's... almost anyway.

#7 ·
i hear the hyosung is more comfortable, too. because of the lower seat height, adjustable foot pegs and sitting deeper in the motorcycle.

#9 ·
If I had half the money to buy a Hyosung, there are at least a dozen older bikes I would look at before considering the Hyo. Any one of them would be better and/or faster than the yo. Actually, with the huge number of terrific old bikes available, I would never consider the sung.

#11 ·
thebiscuit said:
i hear the hyosung is more comfortable, too. because of the lower seat height, adjustable foot pegs and sitting deeper in the motorcycle.

I am quite comfortable on mine, it would probably hurt if I took it out for a cross country trip, but it is fine for what I intend to use it for. If I wanted comfort, I wouldn't of gotten a sport bike. Plus, the different lengths and depths don't apply to everyone, what is comfortable for one person may not be for another. I would make sure to sit on any bike before you purchase it.

#12 ·
VolEngineer said:
I am quite comfortable on mine, it would probably hurt if I took it out for a cross country trip, but it is fine for what I intend to use it for. If I wanted comfort, I wouldn't of gotten a sport bike. Plus, the different lengths and depths don't apply to everyone, what is comfortable for one person may not be for another. I would make sure to sit on any bike before you purchase it.
:withstupi

#13 ·
Hyosung is a great company. They've been around since the 50's and they make all manner of things. Similar to Hyndai, they make forklifts, cranes, even engines for ocean going ships. They've made bikes for Suzuki for 30 years, including the SV-650. The Hyosung bike one ups it with inverted forks, adjustable rearsets, etc for less money.

#16 ·
Gas Man said:
Are you telling me that they make the SV650 and not the other way around? :skep:
That is correct. They produced the SV-650 (As well as a few other suzuki bikes) under contract for Suzuki. The non-compete contract for the engine expired a year or so ago. They have been producing parts of Suzuki's lineup for about 30 years.

#23 ·
thebiscuit said:
i've heard bad things about the one here in columbus...
Word of mouth can be true but make sure you get more than one or two opinions before using that as your opinion. Ask any and all that you can if you are considering a dealer that you have heard bad things about. It might just be one bad experience or it could be across the board.
i.e. One of my local dealers has a great sales floor and personnel while the shop leaves allot to be desired.
The other has a great shop and the sales personnel sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.