Two Wheel Forums banner

I can Harley believe it!

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
#11 ·
I hate to be a Know it all. but in all due respect he had no idea what he was riding. Just as many arent aware of counter stear to make a quick turn or swerve, He was not aware that on those bikes with all of that width you are not to get off. He would not even have touched the ground if he didnt let go. Even on a Gold wing if you low side or High side and all conditions are present you should ride it out until you can seperate your self from the bike safely. Look at picture (3) again and tell me if he never let go would he have touched the ground? I would say not. He wouldnt have avoided the wreck but he wouldnt be sliding his elbo and arss at 50mph either. :2cents:

#12 ·
Very true Earl...

I think he was too busy paying attention to Killboy..the turn came up on him fast. He turned in hard. Dragging floor boards and pipes so much that he lifted the wheels off the ground enough to put him on his arse! :2cents:

#13 ·
Earl
I assure you that he wasn't going 50 mph. Maybe 30 mph tops. If he had stayed on just about anywhere at the Gap. I'm sure he would have ended the ride off the side of the mountain. Its either the ditch or off the side at the Gap. The ditch was on the inside of those pics.
But other wise I agree.

#14 ·
Gas Man said:
I think he was too busy paying attention to Killboy..the turn came up on him fast. He turned in hard. Dragging floor boards and pipes so much that he lifted the wheels off the ground enough to put him on his arse! :2cents:
I've seen that happen a few times. Sometimes they are showing off and ride over their heads or just don't pay attention to where there going.

#19 ·
jeeps84 said:
I've wasted two bikes at the Gap. Not to bad I guess, considering the number of trips I've made on that road.
you've gotta be a pro at it by now jeeps!

Hey the old man on the Gold Wing can't out run you on the dragon can he?

#20 ·
Ok first off... Whats the Gap? Or better where is the Gap?

2ndly he obviously was riding way beyond that Harleys abilities he's lucky he didnt bite it on the turn in pic #1.

3rdly LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

4thly This is what rider 2's shirt should have read..... :withstupi

5thly ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Not intened to offend anyone on this forum. Statments are opinions only and not intened for intentional offense.

Brought to you by Harley Davidson and Anheuser-Bush. Let the good times roll with the shiney side up.

#21 ·
SVupON1 said:
Hey the old man on the Gold Wing can't out run you on the dragon can he?
He just cant quiet keep up. :lol: Iv actually enjoyed following him. Its really amazing how well a Wing handles with a competent rider. He can go faster in the corners on a Wing than some riders I know on SB's. :crazy:

#22 ·
jeeps84 said:
He just cant quiet keep up. :lol: Iv actually enjoyed following him. Its really amazing how well a Wing handles with a competent rider. He can go faster in the corners on a Wing than some riders I know on SB's. :crazy:
Oh yeah...I've seen the old man in action many times on the dragon...so amazing how well he can make that big bike move like that. Gotta give that old man props :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.