Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drop wasnt as bad as what happened next.

I dropped my bike last night :( We were riding in the street and it was U-turn time. Boyfriend went through fine...when it was my turn... I went and slowly......didnt hit enough throttle...BAM down she went!!

Broke the shift lever, he looks at me and says.."It's ok, you dont shift anyways!!" LMAO what a bastid!!!! I got back on the bike and rode it down the street because we were right down the street from his brothers house.... Going up a hill which I havent practice much... I kept stalling the bike and the last stall...the bike stopped on my leg..yanno the one with the burn on it...the one with the big ass blister...yanno that one!! OUCH!!!!! I was :cursin: like a muther****er!! I almost dropped the bike again luckily he came and held the bike while I jumped off and cryed...OMG it hurt sooooo freakin bad!!!! clear stuff was dripping all over my leg... everytime the wind blew it made it more painful.

This is what it looked like before the blister

I cryed the whole walk to his brothers house and he rode my bike and left his down the street. I was yelling and blaming him for making me ride up that hill!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just like a women!! LMAO

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:
The drop wasnt as bad as what happened next.

I dropped my bike last night :( We were riding in the street and it was U-turn time. Boyfriend went through fine...when it was my turn... I went and slowly......didnt hit enough throttle...BAM down she went!!

Broke the shift lever, he looks at me and says.."It's ok, you dont shift anyways!!" LMAO what a bastid!!!! I got back on the bike and rode it down the street because we were right down the street from his brothers house.... Going up a hill which I havent practice much... I kept stalling the bike and the last stall...the bike stopped on my leg..yanno the one with the burn on it...the one with the big ass blister...yanno that one!! OUCH!!!!! I was :cursin: like a muther****er!! I almost dropped the bike again luckily he came and held the bike while I jumped off and cryed...OMG it hurt sooooo freakin bad!!!! clear stuff was dripping all over my leg... everytime the wind blew it made it more painful.

This is what it looked like before the blister

I cryed the whole walk to his brothers house and he rode my bike and left his down the street. I was yelling and blaming him for making me ride up that hill!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just like a women!! LMAO
I'm sorry Roz, did you have the new fairing on it with the pink "R"? Cause I'd be pissed if I just spent money on that and it got scratched up! Sorry once again, hope you heal quickly. :sorry: :luck: with starting on hills. When I did that my first time, I let the clutch out to quickly and wheelied.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grafixx01 said:
I'm sorry Roz, did you have the new fairing on it with the pink "R"? Cause I'd be pissed if I just spent money on that and it got scratched up! Sorry once again, hope you heal quickly. :sorry: :luck: with starting on hills. When I did that my first time, I let the clutch out to quickly and wheelied.
Thanks..

I was riding nakkid at the time!! NO guys not me my bike :lol:

That wasnt my first drop and I am use to dropping it now. :lol: :thumbs:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I keep preaching to practice circles and figure 8's in the parking lots. It makes u-turns and sudden swerves survivable. (it will also remove chicken strips) I still do them today. Remember your MSF basics and keep practicing them!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Roz, i remember reading you just raised your bike up a little , could that be hurting you a little in a slow u-turn...seems you should have been able to just put your leg/foot down to keep it from tipping over...just a thought since i havnt seen you on the bike from a dead stop with your feet flat on the ground....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Damn, sorry Diva. . it happens.

Did you take the MSF course? They teach you how to u-turn pretty extensively. One of my instructors was turning a damn Gold Wing on a dime. :crazy:

How'd you burn your leg, were you wearing shorts? :crazy:

In u-turns just remember to counter-balance, stay in the throttle, and look ALL the way back to where you want to go. If you look down, you'll go down.

I hope you heal up alright!

·
Banned
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pigface1 said:
Damn, sorry Diva. . it happens.

Did you take the MSF course? They teach you how to u-turn pretty extensively. One of my instructors was turning a damn Gold Wing on a dime. :crazy:
Yeah I took the MSF course :) got my license..practiced on a 125 and 250..some body elses and my first bike gixxer 600 :D

I turn well around corners and such but the whole U-turn thing scares me. My bike is lowered real low and it is hard corner for most people who ride my bike. Although I have no problems.

Actually now that I think about it the MSF class didnt teach me U-turns.. I remeber 90 degree and 180 degree turns but not a U-turn *shrugs*

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I edited my reply. .

It's not exactly u-turns they teach, but figure 8s. It's the same concept, though. Counter balance, steady throttle, and looking through the turn. Still, I hear you.. 9 times out of 10 if it's tight I'll just walk it around. Hell, I dropped my CBR in the driveway doing what you just did, only nobody was around to see it. :rofl:

·
Banned
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pigface1 said:
I edited my reply. .

It's not exactly u-turns they teach, but figure 8s. It's the same concept, though. Counter balance, steady throttle, and looking through the turn. Still, I hear you.. 9 times out of 10 if it's tight I'll just walk it around. Hell, I dropped my CBR in the driveway doing what you just did, only nobody was around to see it. :rofl:
LOL I saw it...werent you the guy in the pink shirt? :lol:

·
Banned
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pigface1 said:
How'd you burn your leg, were you wearing shorts? :crazy:
LOL OMG how did you know?

I was changing my oil and pulled my bike out of the garage to warm it up. With the new kickstand my bike sits higher and the driveway is on an incline I kicked my leg over the other side to pull the bike back in the garage and BAM!! 2nd degree burn :(

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Did you new frame sliders help? I'm sure then did!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:
LOL OMG how did you know?

I was changing my oil and pulled my bike out of the garage to warm it up. With the new kickstand my bike sits higher and the driveway is on an incline I kicked my leg over the other side to pull the bike back in the garage and BAM!! 2nd degree burn :(

Damn. . :crazy: I don't know how well it's healing, but if you go to the drug store they have some pads w/ ointment, etc, that works miracles. (That's the last time I'll put a pizza in a 400 degree oven when I'm 3 sheets to the wind.) :rofl:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry to hear about what happened. But it sure made me feel glad tha I only dropped my bike doing u turn(s) on my 250 instead of my R6 & 636. Those things are bullet proof. I think I only had to replace my turn signals for $10 after I was done with messing up on the slow speed manuvers. U turn is definitely one thing everyone should go practice on in an empty parking lot.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah but I'm sure they helped with the drop! Right?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I feel for ya. Early on when I was practicing with the bike, I attempted a slow short U turn in the storage area while returning my bike. Obviously my U turn was tooooo slow, as in NO speed, and my bike just went BLOOP! down & on my leg.

Judging from scratches on the fairing already, the bike had been dropped previously, when my bike went down this time, the foot peg bracket just cracked. That added another :cry: 2 weeks delay time for my riding and $70+ hour labor, while I waited for the bracket to come in.

A scratched frame slider is a good thing, over no frame slider at all. I appreciated mine. Sorry about your pain.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Roz!!!!!!

You need to find a small 80 to 100cc dirt bike. :2cents:
Practice all your street maneuvers on it until you can ride it like you stole it.

Then get back on the Gixxer and practice some more.

This is how I taught my wife to ride a motorcycle.
Actually I started her on a Quad with a clutch then to a small dirt bike. :luck:

·
Banned
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jeeps84 said:
Roz!!!!!!

You need to find a small 80 to 100cc dirt bike. :2cents:
Practice all your street maneuvers on it until you can ride it like you stole it.

Then get back on the Gixxer and practice some more.

This is how I taught my wife to ride a motorcycle.
Actually I started her on a Quad with a clutch then to a small dirt bike. :luck:
LOL

NO dude I know how to ride! I am just trying to get use to the gixxer. I can easily throw around a dirt bike or 250 but the gixxer had some mod made to it to make me feel more comfortable with the height, that turning is making it a tad bit difficult :D I can turn fine and ride the street ok..but Not U-Turns :/

:wink: :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The saftey class did not teach U turns? Really? I know the test to get my license I had to do a maneuver (u turn) inside a designated box they had on the pavement. If you went outside the lines you lost points. The Gold Wings had a hell of a time with this, just like with the cone maneuver. LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts