Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: Riding on the freeway at somewhat high speeds :leaving: , you can use more fuel than you usually do

2: I now know that I can turn that switch from main fuel to my reserve whilst I am riding at high speeds on the freeway

:dthumb: :redmc:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
AKA said:
1: Riding on the freeway at somewhat high speeds :leaving: , you can use more fuel than you usually do

2: I now know that I can turn that switch from main fuel to my reserve whilst I am riding at high speeds on the freeway

:dthumb: :redmc:
yeah most definately 2 things one would wanna keep in mind whilst riding :rolleyes: ...the reserve is ur friend..,

when you ride like 1: u'll notice you do alot more of 2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
usually I'm pretty good on making sure my fuel is high, but this really crept up on me, I've gone an extra maybe 15-20 miles on tanks before without using that much fuel.

Guess I'll keep it closer to the speed limit in the future....

nah, I'll just get fuel more often :D

BTW, one of the reasons I mentioned turning it to reserve is because it's down by my knee, I was very happy I could find it without crashing :bash:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
AKA said:
usually I'm pretty good on making sure my fuel is high, but this really crept up on me, I've gone an extra maybe 15-20 miles on tanks before without using that much fuel.

Guess I'll keep it closer to the speed limit in the future....

nah, I'll just get fuel more often :D

BTW, one of the reasons I mentioned turning it to reserve is because it's down by my knee, I was very happy I could find it without crashing :bash:

you know I had to give you some shiet about it :lol: but yeah, I know some valves are a bit out of comfortable reach, so its a benefit to be able to get to it comfortably

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I expected 100% to get teased, I thought it was funny myself... live and learn ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Funny, I just had a fuel incident. Have about a 4 gal tank, which theoretically should get me 200mi, so I took my bike the 50mi to work with 100mi already on the tank. The last 3mi were VERY SLOW and the bike was pretty unhappy with me. So was the traffic along the 50mph zone who were forced to do 40 :sorry:

I wanted to see what range I could get, but expected the reserve to be more helpful. I'll have to work on the fuel delivery system to figure out what's wrong now :sob:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I Learned ONE thing today !

I just need 8 more posts to make it to "Rookie" status..... :here:

:redmc:
Steve.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
01Katana said:
I just need 8 more posts to make it to "Rookie" status..... :here:

:redmc:
Steve.
I think I have done past that one. LOL

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Been there before, although I try not to get to that point.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
No reserve on my SV. It blinks to tell me it's almost time then comes on solid to say, "Hey idiot, stop now!"
Is that what ur's says? Mine just says, hey dumba$$, Im thirsty!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Is that what ur's says? Mine just says, hey dumba$$, Im thirsty!

LOL Your bike knows your name. :D I get lucky enough to have mine just blink. I have been trying to get it to talk to me to tell me when she wants something more to drink or so and...nope, no-go. :cursin: :wtf: What am I to do to get it to spwak. LOL :crazy:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
LOL Your bike knows your name. :D I get lucky enough to have mine just blink. I have been trying to get it to talk to me to tell me when she wants something more to drink or so and...nope, no-go. :cursin: :wtf: What am I to do to get it to spwak. LOL :crazy:

Im sure somebody,someday will invent gauges that talk to the rider via a chatterbox or something..and u'll be able to program the voices to be like hot chick, cool guy, kid, or whatever...

somebody will WAY too much time on their hands will come up with this sometime. :lol:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Just a dummy light on all my bikes. :crazy:
I make a habit of not going over 100 miles with out knowing where a fuel stop is. :here:
I ride hard most of the time. Really cuts down on the fuel mileage! :sob:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey! A ZZR two fiddy! Those things are pretty sweet! Are you a Canadian or did you import it?

Shoot, those things get stellar mileage!

I do prefer the idiot light system. No switching to reserve. It's pretty easy on the V-Max. There's a thumb switch on the right control. *That* bike is a big pig. Horrible mileage.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I had to fill up with gas 3 times in 2 days this weekend :eek: ...riding real hard the whole time, nothing like 2.09 a gallon :puke:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
I had to fill up with gas 3 times in 2 days this weekend :eek: ...riding real hard the whole time, nothing like 2.09 a gallon :puke:

Me twice. Where was this 2.09 a gallon at. I was paying 2.39. Dang it. :D

the sunoco down on market street was 2.09 a gallon for those days atleast, for 93, but u know how it changes..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah LOTS of gas burnt this w/e, that is for sure!! Would have been more if that Mustang wouldn't have backed down from me! PUSS!!

Desert would have been nice, don't you think 2.0?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
Yeah LOTS of gas burnt this w/e, that is for sure!! Would have been more if that Mustang wouldn't have backed down from me! PUSS!!

Desert would have been nice, don't you think 2.0?

Yes it would have been. After you pulling the wheelies right beside him, I think you scared him. LOL He had to take mommy and daddy's car back soon. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts