Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my first Duc

1996 M900 Monster
Love doesn't come close to how I fell with this bike!
It has even made me question my loyalty to the GSXR family!
I haven't loved to ride this much since I climbed on a 1988 GSXR 750 way back when.
I may be trading my 03 GSXR 1000 for a 02 996.
I know its not as fast but, who cares!!!!!

Other than the maintenances, does anybody know if I should reconsider?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Pic won't load up..but congrats! Jeeps84!! :dthumb: If ur that much in love with the bike,and it pushes all ur buttons in a good way..then by all means, go for it..we've all got our opinions on the best bikes to have..but it all comes down to what you like. :cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats!! European bikes do have different handling characterists than Japanese ones, don't they?

Forget the 996. Get a Mille! Not only is a Mille a better handling and quicker bike, the maintence costs are a LOT lower, too!

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Great to hear how much you love your bike, that's what it's all about!

BTW, the image is prompting for a password.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stevnmd said:
Congrats!! European bikes do have different handling characterists than Japanese ones, don't they?

Forget the 996. Get a Mille! Not only is a Mille a better handling and quicker bike, the maintence costs are a LOT lower, too!
Just doesnt have the sex apeal!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
My best friend has a 996. It is an awesome bike. After I rode his 996, I sold my RC51 and bought a Mille R. Nothing compares to the Italian bikes in the handling department. They use top notch suspension equipment.

Congrats on your Monster! They're great bikes! My girlfriend has one. I love riding it. It is very nimble, handles like a dream.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
:nopicsbs:

geez, is this post ever gonna look dumb when he gets that one pic fixed..

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
:nopicsbs:

geez, is this post ever gonna look dumb when he gets that one pic fixed..
:upset: I tried to fix! Don't know what's wrong. Sometimes it works and some times it don't!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
jeeps84 said:
:upset: I tried to fix! Don't know what's wrong. Sometimes it works and some times it don't!!!! :confused:
Dont sweat it...its cool..u can always try and load it up in the gallery if thats easier for ya! :)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Let me just chime in and welcome you. Nice rides you have. I think you should keep the gixxer. :dthumb: But thats me. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Let me just chime in and welcome you. Nice rides you have. I think you should keep the gixxer. :dthumb: But thats me. :D

dont listen to him about the gixxer...we're still waiting for the test results to come back. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
dont listen to him about the gixxer...we're still waiting for the test results to come back. :lol: :lol:

This just in. I am not NORMAL at all. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Is it me or is it that everytime I come to this thread I get a MS passport.net pop up thing? Happened at home twice and once at work?!?!?!?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
Is it me or is it that everytime I come to this thread I get a MS passport.net pop up thing? Happened at home twice and once at work?!?!?!?

Nope its not just you. I get it to all the time. When I open the thread or try to reply and post. I think it is due to the pic.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
It is due to the pic..the pic is password protected so it keeps wanting us to sign in..im gonna take it down for now, the pic i mean..and then he can try and upload it into the gallery, that might work easier.!

:dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
OK, so it wasn't the gas sniffing....

Whew, good thing, I was gettin worried!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts