Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom ordered Twist of the Wrist on DVD for me for Christmas and it came in yesterday. I watched it, and I have to say that it's nice to see the information in action, rather than just reading it in a book. Granted, the footage IS old, but it still applies. I think the areas that will help me the most are the topics on timing and markers. I know that one of my weakest areas is finding visual markers on the track and using them properly. I hope to improve that during track days this year.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Congrats !!! very cool !! Pretty soon you'll be doing motogp too !!! :dthumb:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
Congrats !!! very cool !! Pretty soon you'll be doing motogp too !!! :dthumb:
:rofl3: Yeah, right! First, I'm a bit too old to get started on that route, and second, I won't EVER be THAT good. Hell, I don't even have enough money to go to many track days and get in the necessary practice. BUT, I can have fun during the few track days that I attend.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
:rofl3: Yeah, right! First, I'm a bit too old to get started on that route, and second, I won't EVER be THAT good. Hell, I don't even have enough money to go to many track days and get in the necessary practice. BUT, I can have fun during the few track days that I attend.

I have faith in you..u can do it Captain!!! You can show how much of a beast you are at the Gap!!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have to say that I don't think I would be the one keeping up with you, twisty. I know that we need to be confident in our abilities, but we also have to know our limits. And if you're always ahead of the field in the advanced group at track days, then I KNOW my limits will keep me well behind you, no matter what bike I ride. ;)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Sounds like it is a great video. :dthumb: Will have to look into getting one if its this good in the info department.

Twisty...I will get Rossi to film you. Do you think he can keep up or would he have to keep hitting the brakes to wait on you?? :lol: :dthumb:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
well capt. i guess you can sell it to me now that you have seen it lol

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bulldogdefensivetacl said:
well capt. i guess you can sell it to me now that you have seen it lol
:lol: Sorry, it's one of those things that you don't just watch once. Just like the books that you will read more than once if you buy them. You can ALWAYS improve, and these vids and the books are a great way to stay on top of your riding if you refer back to them more than once. ;)

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
twisty said:
Yes Im looking forward to having someone to run with. So I dont have to slow down and wait for them video tape....lol

It will be difficult to see when your head is throbbing from the hangover you will have!! :lol: We may be waiting for you :wink:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
:lol: Sorry, it's one of those things that you don't just watch once. Just like the books that you will read more than once if you buy them. You can ALWAYS improve, and these vids and the books are a great way to stay on top of your riding if you refer back to them more than once. ;)
well then watch it twice then give me a call and ill meet you somewere lol :lol:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
:readng: Just bought the "Twist......" DVD today...looking forward to watching it over the weekend.:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts