Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I sold the Monster, I have been looking for a new sporty but comfy bike. I stumbled across this Yamaha MT 01 on the net. Its a Euro model only right now and is slated to hit the States for 06.

It has all the right stuff to be supper sporty and comfy at the same time. I love the look. (not sure about the head light) The big twin should have plenty of torque for two up ridding as well.
Just thought I would share. Link to Yamaha UK
Other tech stuff for those interested.

Technical Info

Engine
Engine type 4-stroke, V-Twin engine, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder
Engine cooling Air cooled
Displacement 1,670cc
Bore x stroke 97 x 113mm
Compression ratio 8.36:1
Maximum power 66.3kW (90 HP) @ 4,750rpm
Maximum torque 150.1Nm (15.3 kg-m) @ 3,750rpm
Lubrication system Dry sump
Carburettor Fuel injection
Clutch type Wet, multiple-disc
Ignition system TCI
Starter system Electric
Transmission system Constant mesh, 5-speed
Final transmission Chain
Fuel tank capacity 15 litres (3 litres)
Oil tank capacity 5 litres

Chassis
Front suspension system Telescopic Fork
Front travel 120mm
Rear suspension system Swing arm (Link suspension)
Rear travel 117mm
Front brake Dual floating discs, Ø 320 mm
Rear brake Single floating disc, Ø 267 mm
Front tyre 120/70 ZR17 (58W)
Rear tyre 190/50 ZR17 (73W)

Dimensions
Length (mm) 2,185mm
Width (mm) 790mm
Height (mm) 1,160mm
Seat height (mm) 825mm
Wheel base (mm) 1,525mm
Minimum ground clearance (mm) 140mm
Dry weight (kg) 240 kg

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Damn another bike!! That's awesome!! now if u dont ride some of the others, I'll be happy to take them off your hands!! :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Damn another bike!! That's awesome!! now if u dont ride some of the others, I'll be happy to take them off your hands!! :lol:
:withstupi but can somebody please covert that stuff to SAE!! I'm too lazy to do it myself...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Super sweet big twin! Although, from the pics it doesn't look like it's really got room for 2up...looks like they'd be strattling the pipe mostly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mmmmm... :drool: Anyone know the MSRP on this? I may be looking into a sport-touring or street bike starting next year since I realized that I'm too slow for a sportbike.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Need4Speed said:
What you talking about?
All I have right now is the 998 and 05 Gixxer 1000. I sold the Gixxer 600 and the Monster to buy the new Gixxer.
Guideon72 said:
Super sweet big twin! Although, from the pics it doesn't look like it's really got room for 2up...looks like they'd be strattling the pipe mostly.
On a recent trip to the Honda Hoot in Knoxville Tenn.. I found one under the Corbin tent. They had it for product test fitting. They brought it just to show off their products on other than Honda products.
JK_DILLA said:
Is this the V MAX replacement?...
I think so!

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I was thinking but, not sure.
The Euro models usually change name when they come state side anyway.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
jeeps84 said:
That's what I was thinking but, not sure.
The Euro models usually change name when they come state side anyway.
yup, something about we like alpha numeric names.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JK_DILLA said:
yup, something about we like alpha numeric names.
I heard a rumor of something like Torque Stare Warrior for this one.
I've really been reading up on it and am really looking forward to ridding one soon.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vader would be jealous with his little Speeder.
Like most Big Twins, this thing should rip out of the hole :yikes: and fall on its face about 120. :disapp: With the suspension setup properly it should handle better than any FZ or like bike on the road. :drool:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The nakids are nice, i love mine... but 90HP???? I'd be looking a lot higher... esp for a 1000cc.... either the Z1000 or the new 05+ Speed Triple. The new Triple is certainly NICE... without losing much torque coming from a twin, but gettign neartly all the gain of a 4.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ScottSellersUNR said:
The nakids are nice, i love mine... but 90HP???? I'd be looking a lot higher... esp for a 1000cc.... either the Z1000 or the new 05+ Speed Triple. The new Triple is certainly NICE... without losing much torque coming from a twin, but gettign neartly all the gain of a 4.
Its not about the power as much as the look and comfort that I like.
The Z1000 is high on the list of canadates.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
the Z1000 is as comfy as any of the nakids that can still play with the SS. Only thing youd ever wanna change for comfort is maybe a taller screen for long trips and a corbin seat.. though mine stock is comfy for a 4 hour trip once its broke in.....
And ive never heard one bad thing about the Triple.. only down side is its a bit pricer... But if comfort is ALL u want your on the wrong type of bike.. the Duc might be comfy but u know u enjoy its performance too.. i just hgtink if u dont wanna go crusier u should get the performance u will stay happy with too... cheaper then sellin it in a year cuz its a bore.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ScottSellersUNR said:
the Duc might be comfy but u know u enjoy its performance too.. i just hgtink if u dont wanna go crusier u should get the performance u will stay happy with too... cheaper then sellin it in a year cuz its a bore.
:iagree: We are on the same page!:yesnod:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts