Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
That looks like it could be really fun...right up to the point where your bike falls through the ice into the lake...no, thank-you

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree it looks like a blast... Ive ridden snowmobiles on frozen lakes before, thats alot of fun..but yes, most definately map out ur track ahead of time!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Ice Busa

you guys see that haaybusa in his pics with the ice tires... 500lbs on the ice with a lot of torque... better be big spikes to hold that thing down... i htink id prefer the Gsxr600 for the ice.

But looks cool as hell, i htink it would be a blast to go do, but trip to sweden and cost of it and 340 euros per wreck... i think i cna go ride in tahoe this winter and wreck alot cheaper....lol and do it on one tank of gas round trip.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think the heavier bikes would do much better on the ice, no?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. When we doing it Matt. Is that spikes and a chain on the front tire??

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
no chains... that is a cage so when it runs u over after u fall off it doesnt spike u to death..lol
I dont knoiw bout the weight the spikes are all the traction from the sound of it so in a corner seems like weight would cause the spikes to crack the ice around em and make it break loose... straight line maybe weight would help...
but like it says u get more notice of slippage with ice thne asphault so a lighter bike seems like youd feel it break more then a heavy bike where u feel less road. Either way it seems fun and id do it but not a chance in hell of affording it anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
a quad would be my bpreffered travel on ice... be a blast and no worry to fall off... slide out and who cares.. stop and then get back on the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts