Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, being as though I have a bad back already and most of the jackets that I've seen don't provide too much back protection, I went out and purchased one of these.

They are pretty comfortable and easily worn underneath your jacket. I use mine all the time, it gives much needed back support as well as protection. It only costs like $100.00 and seems to be cheaper (monetary wise) than the other back protectors that I've seen.

Some of the features:

Features:

The market is full of roadrace style back protectors designed for roadracing. Since we prefer the streets to the track, we took all of the coverage that your average back protector provides, increased it two-fold, and threw in some Icon style. The result - true upper torso coverage for the urban environment. Try it on, check out the low profile fit and the secure form fitting chassis thats built to stay in place, and youll be a convert.

• BREATHABLE MESH CHASSIS
• ELASTIC ADJUSTMENT STRAPS
• IMPACT ABSORBING ARTICULATED BACK PLASTIC
• LOW-PROFILE TO FIT UNDER MOST JACKETS
• FORM-FITTING CHASSIS STAYS IN PLACE
• ABRASION RESISTANT SLIDER PANELS
• REINFORCED RUBBER CHEST ARMOR
• IMPACT DISPERSING MOLDED FOAM

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Sweet vest.... I was looking for those at the local cyclegear store yesterday but, they didnt have any in stock. So I ended up buying the Dainese summer safety jacket.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ne1469 said:
Sweet vest.... I was looking for those at the local cyclegear store yesterday but, they didnt have any in stock. So I ended up buying the Dainese summer safety jacket.

Looks decent, I didn't want to spend that much on the vest though. I don't know if I'd get the long sleeve thing either. Well at least down here in the desert it is um, too hot!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Traded my dainese summer safety jacket for the icon field armor vest...its very nice. :dthumb:

But Icon markets the vest as a one size fits all, Im 5'9 190lbs (not fat...athletic build) and this vest barely fits me.... caution for those that are bigger...this may not fit, the side straps just dont extend far enough.

Also got the icon knee/shin armor, pretty nice :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ne1469 said:
Traded my dainese summer safety jacket for the icon field armor vest...its very nice. :dthumb:

But Icon markets the vest as a one size fits all, Im 5'9 190lbs (not fat...athletic build) and this vest barely fits me.... caution for those that are bigger...this may not fit, the side straps just dont extend far enough.

Also got the icon knee/shin armor, pretty nice :dthumb:

Did you try the shoulder straps? I have been told that they also make extensions for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.