Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us may own a cruiser or standard ride, in addition to our sport bikes, so what do you have ? or for the hard-core sportbike riders only, which would be a great deal of us I assume. If someone put a gun to your head and said "go buy a cruiser"..what would you get?

IF I had to have one, I be choosing the Honda Valkerie..

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The Valkerie's too heavy and weird looking, but it has a good engine. If I had to have a cruiser, I'd get the old Honda Magna with the V4 engine. Any cruiser with the VFR engine can't be all bad, and those 1100's were pretty fast.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
My cousin just got a Valkyrie, it's pretty damn nice. I don't know what I'd get, though, there's a ton out there that I like.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Either the Honda Valkerie or the Goldwing.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wings are nice, but not till Im at least 65 or so.. :D ...another I like is the old Kawasaki Eliminator..not really a cruiser, more of a standard/sportbike...
but FAST as all hell!!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
My other bike, which I'll note hasn't seen the street since I bought my FZ6, is a Vulcan 800. Here's the most recent pic, since it has been painted and had the intake swapped out. It's a great bike, always used to piss my HD buddies off when they couldn't lose me.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I like the Honda. I'd ride that around town. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That VTX concept bike is real edgy, way cool..saw it and got to sit on one at a bike show I was at earlier this year......way cool!!! that and the valkerie Rune as serious beasts. :eek:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
The techno cruiser will definitely be very cool if they build it. As of whats out right now, I would choose that new 2005 Road Star Warrior Midnight... that is one sweet lookin ride, and for a cruiser, that thing has some performance to it.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
That Honda concept would be my first choice as well. Other than that maybe the Valkyie (sp.?).. But you would have to hold a gun to my head and not let me disarm you first.. That will never happen...

·
Registered
235 Posts
i have seen the Warrior bikes around here at the shops. looks cool to me. at least that is what i think the name of it is.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we're all just too spoiled with speed and performance to ever ride one of these on a daily basis! :yesnod:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
we're all just too spoiled with speed and performance to ever ride one of these on a daily basis! :yesnod:
Speed you say? That's why my cruiser is a V-Max! In fact, in a straight line, it stomps the crap out of many a sportbike! As long as you don't plan on stopping or turning, you're in good shape! :D

I am negotiating a deal on a newer one right now. I want to retire the '92.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Mojo said:
Speed you say? That's why my cruiser is a V-Max! In fact, in a straight line, it stomps the crap out of many a sportbike! As long as you don't plan on stopping or turning, you're in good shape! :D

I am negotiating a deal on a newer one right now. I want to retire the '92.

Holy shiznit, I wanna change my answer. How could I forget the V-MAx?!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've always like the vmax as well, and yeah for a straight shot run, it'll smoke alot rides, no doubt...I road one, a 93 I think it was, but dont quote me on that, several years ago. I knew they were beasts before I got on one, but I was surprised even still at how much power they've got, its actually alittle staggering.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts