9,263 Posts
When's the free test ride ?? :D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
When's the free test ride ?? :D
Let me tell you, I would never test ride that bike. It cost about $20k to build. The gas tank (empty of course) weighed about 2 lbs. The wheels...I could pick each one up with only two fingers (the wheels cost $2k each)...that is a sick bike and it's going to eat some lightweight bikes for breakfast in the WERA lightweight class next year. I can't wait to see him ride it.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
What was the weight of the bike when finished? Or did I miss it somewhere in the article?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
twisty said:
Thats pretty hot...BUt how come you guys publish tracktimes? I would be interested on what the bike got, with what weight rider, and his skill level on what track. Adding those kinda things would be pretty cool as well.
I'm not sure what you mean by publish track times? The bike hasn't been track ridden yet. It's only been on our dyno, which it ran with 86 h.p. I definitely agree with what you are saying. Once the season begins next year, I will definitely do an update to the project with information like what you're asking for. I think that's a great idea!!! Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Captain Morgan said:
What was the weight of the bike when finished? Or did I miss it somewhere in the article?
I'll find out for ya' when I get in. Steve wrote the article and neglected to add that detail. I'll find out when I get to work in about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
who gets the honor of actually riding this beast on the track!? :cool:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
I'm not sure what you mean by publish track times? The bike hasn't been track ridden yet. It's only been on our dyno, which it ran with 86 h.p. I definitely agree with what you are saying. Once the season begins next year, I will definitely do an update to the project with information like what you're asking for. I think that's a great idea!!! Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!!!! :thumbs:

Oh i thought you guys took it out to the track, sorry my bad... :leaving:

·
Registered
519 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
I'll find out for ya' when I get in. Steve wrote the article and neglected to add that detail. I'll find out when I get to work in about 30 minutes.
I wonder if it'll be vying for a lower weight than the suited rider :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
510 Posts
As much of a fun challenge it looks to be building that bike, its gotta be even more fun to actually see what it can do on the track. !! :cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
That is just sick... Wow... Where did I leave that 20k laying around?

I love lightweight bikes. That thing probably handles like a dream. Now THAT'S a track bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts