Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ok, so i brought my car to the honda dealer to get fixed (left axle broke) They check it out let me know whats up tell me to come pick it up. I get my keys remote start my car and it starts MOVING! im watching it go in a circle in the parking lot untill it hits some guys car. It was going about 5-10mph. I just couldnt believe it. As soon as i saw it moving im like WHY DID I HIT THE BUTTON!!!!! Its so 2nd nature right now before i get into my car to remote start it. The guy left it in first and didnt put the Handbrake on. I do the exact oppisite, i leave it out of gear and pull up the E-brake. After the disbelief left i started getting very angry at myself and the guy who tested it. I told them it was making the exact same noise as the right side had, so they didnt need to test it. But i guess they did anyway seeing as my car went head first into some other P.O.S. CRX. This **** sucks, anyone got advice on what i should tell the ins company? Are Remote starts really illegal for manuals?

-jon

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Hmmm, I don't have the slightest idea about that. How bad was the damage?I guess you had disabled the clutch sensor to get the remote starter to work. Maybe in the future you could install some sort of sensor on the hand brake so that the car won't start unless the hand brake is on. Granted, a neutral sensor would work best, but I'm not sure how you would go about installing one.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, theres about a basketball size dent in the front bumper, and the front driver side corner panel is dented in pretty good too. if i had to guess around 2g's to fix

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Is that on your car, or his? Personally, whatever damage was done to my car could stay that way for all I care. Now the bike is a different story. :lol:

·
Registered
604 Posts
They aren't illegal when installed according to directions, but I was under the impression that all manual installations (very few manufacturers make them) required a sensor of some sort so that these things would be avoided.

It might suck, but I would tell the insurance company the truth. Not your fault the guy left it in first. However, did you bypass something in the installation process?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
There was alot of words and some responses - all quality posts I am sure but I lost interest.

Dude you bought a Honda - don't be so hard on yourself. You will learn and buy a Ford next time. Maybe then you can get rid of that god awful Yankees symbol while you are at it. The city of New York will not be recognized in the Mudpuppy Empire!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Dude, Im sorry for ya man!! that really blows...bad things always happen at dealers..they just go hand in hand! :puke:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im sorry but mudpuppy your kidding rite? #1 my dad owns a ford, and from what ive seen from his i dont ever want one in my life. His dome light doesnt work, only if u push on it, His belts were loose and making tons of noise 2 days after he bought it, His stock radio stopped working out of the blue. His factory alarm goes off in the middle of the night multiple times GO FORD!!! Trust me, my dads friend is a mechanic and has told my father never to buy ford ever again. And my friends dad is a mechanic for the MTA says the exact same thing.. Ford and volvo's and caddys are Pieces of SH*T.

For the New york thing ill let that slide cuz everyone is jealous of us. Its ok u dont have to admit it, but all us new yorkers know.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 other thing, that truck is a 2003, the 2000 he owned before that was pinging even with super, thats why he traded it in.. FORD-****ED ON RACE DAY, Found on the road dead, definitly true

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You better watch all that Ford bad talk!! Good thing you live in NY. People have been hung and beat to death for less things in D-town!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts