Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I have and have done:

• Bought a game-worn Brendan Shanahan jersey (It was either this or another car)
  • Bought a game-used Brendan Shanahan stick, autographed (Aluminum Easton, rare)
  • Had one of my replica Shanahan jersey's autographed
  • Flew "home" to Detroit (from Phoenix) for the day after 97-98 Championship to attend victory parade
  • Attended all games in Phoenix when Detroit played the Coyotes, regular season and playoffs
  • Snuck into practice and snapped a ton of photos while the Wings were practicing at the Coyotes practice arena
  • SCammed Sergei Fedorov and Igor Larionov's autograph after practice
  • Proud owner of license place "REDWNGZ", I have DRW license plate frame to set those straight that have their minds in the gutter
  • Own the obligatory garb, posters, bobble heads, and other useless trinkets

All of this and I must say, I'm quite disappointed with the NHL. There is too much history with the original six teams to just say "I'm done with hockey", but my enthusiasm has been tarnished; I consider myself a die-hard fan. Those on the line or those who were just getting into hockey... Sorry you missed out. There is still a lot of hockey, minor leagues have some great players this season.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Im the same way with the Steelers man, nobody is ever going to get to me to stop liking them, ever...hell, I've got a Steelers tattoo on my right calf...I know hard core we can get when it comes to sports, and its gut-wrenching to see our beloved sport taking such a beating like the NHL is right now.

but yeah, the minor league stuff is fun to watch, they play every game ball$ out, full-throttle.. :cool:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
ShanMan14 said:

• Bought a game-worn Brendan Shanahan jersey (It was either this or another car)
  • Bought a game-used Brendan Shanahan stick, autographed (Aluminum Easton, rare)
  • Flew "home" to Detroit (from Phoenix) for the day after 97-98 Championship to attend victory parade
  • Attended all games in Phoenix when Detroit played the Coyotes, regular season and playoffs
  • Snuck into practice and snapped a ton of photos while the Wings were practicing at the Coyotes practice arena
  • Proud owner of license place "REDWNGZ", I have DRW license plate frame to set those straight that have their minds in the gutter

All of this and I must say, I'm quite disappointed with the NHL. There is too much history with the original six teams to just say "I'm done with hockey", but my enthusiasm has been tarnished; I consider myself a die-hard fan. Those on the line or those who were just getting into hockey... Sorry you missed out. There is still a lot of hockey, minor leagues have some great players this season.
I was, key word was, the most diehard Red Wings fan of all time. I lived and died by every goal. Not anymore - this strike is ludricous. They are the Dead Wings to me now.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Im the same way with the Steelers man, nobody is ever going to get to me to stop liking them, ever...hell, I've got a Steelers tattoo on my right calf...I know hard core we can get when it comes to sports, and its gut-wrenching to see our beloved sport taking such a beating like the NHL is right now.

but yeah, the minor league stuff is fun to watch, they play every game ball$ out, full-throttle.. :cool:

This thread is called "I'm a Red Wings fan"...not a Steelers fan. :bash: :jacked:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
This thread is called "I'm a Red Wings fan"...not a Steelers fan. :bash: :jacked:

bite me...were talking about how shan is a die hard fan of the wings, and since im the same way with the STeelers, I can relate to his pain when something he loves is going thru so much turmoil right now..

go away, go away, ur not a sports fan..:neen:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
go away, go away, ur not a sports fan..:neen:

This is true....but it is still a "Red Wings" thread. :D

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Im really bummed about not having hockey this year. I've given a lot to those ****ers... countless trips to JLA... bought their **** from the stores.. Endless hours of yelling at the TV... THEY OWE ME HOCKEY.

Dirty bastards, all of em! I could give two ****s how many pennies line their pockets! They need to learn that the money going around the NHL is getting less and less, and they are just gonna have to all take less money, or else were gonna see Mike Ilitch telling Paul Kariya that he needs to get those fries outta the fryer and flip those big macs! GET OVER IT YOU RICH ********S!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Im really bummed about not having hockey this year. I've given a lot to those ****ers... countless trips to JLA... bought their **** from the stores.. Endless hours of yelling at the TV... THEY OWE ME HOCKEY.

Dirty bastards, all of em! I could give two ****s how many pennies line their pockets! They need to learn that the money going around the NHL is getting less and less, and they are just gonna have to all take less money, or else were gonna see Mike Ilitch telling Paul Kariya that he needs to get those fries outta the fryer and flip those big macs! GET OVER IT YOU RICH ********S!
Well said POD! Rock on.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
or else were gonna see Mike Ilitch telling Paul Kariya that he needs to get those fries outta the fryer and flip those big macs! GET OVER IT YOU RICH ********S!
:lol: now I'd pay to see that!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
ShanMan14 said:

At least three of these items an bannable offensives. You should be more careful, I would hate to see you ejected from your own forum. :lol:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Douge said:
At least three of these items an bannable offensives. You should be more careful, I would hate to see you ejected from your own forum. :lol:

No way man! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts