Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
First off, welcome to the site! :cheers:

Did someone say SV650S? :D

I've got a 1999 I imported from Canada, it's been a good bike depite my blatant disregard for any type of periodic maintenance. I would highly recommend one.

Are you thinking a new bike or used?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
The SV will treat you well for a long time, and u wont grow out of it as quick as the 500 ninja or gs500s. all good bikes though!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I say get a '01 Katana 750, talk to me if your interested, oh and welcom to TWF. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
u know jdog, if u dont sell that Kat by spring, we're meetin up for a ride!! ok, done jackin this thread, just had to throw that in....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Don't worry, if I don't sell it by then it's a trade in. :jacked: :sorry:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
The SV will treat you well for a long time, and u wont grow out of it as quick as the 500 ninja or gs500s. all good bikes though!
I'm with Matt on this one! I owned a ninja 500 b4 and rode a SV650S. The SV is really nice, for a v-twin... :wink:

However, I dis-agree with Mojo. A guy that rides with WOS just got ride of a monster because he didn't like the maintance and it's quirks. The Duc's are like the Harleys of the sportbike world. They have a terrible maintance regement. :2cents:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Gas Man said:
However, I dis-agree with Mojo. A guy that rides with WOS just got ride of a monster because he didn't like the maintance and it's quirks. The Duc's are like the Harleys of the sportbike world. They have a terrible maintance regement. :2cents:
I've heard that from people who don't have them. My best friend has a 996 with 16k miles on it that he's done little other than change the oil on...

Being a 2v motor, the Monster requires even less maintenance.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Mojo said:
I've heard that from people who don't have them. My best friend has a 996 with 16k miles on it that he's done little other than change the oil on...

Being a 2v motor, the Monster requires even less maintenance.
Well, I'm glad to hear that. I just contantly hear about what I said. I'm glad to hear the opposite for a change... :bash:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Hey if your diggin the half nekkid look, take a look at the yami-FZ6. Similar but uses an inline 4 over the v-twin. I'm lovin mine so far.

Don't you just love it when you ask about two particular bikes, and everyone talks about everything but those two..hehe. :whistle:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions, i saw that kat its NICE!!.. If you could wait untill around March, I would most definitly without a doubt get it. Being 18 going to college and only working 20 hours a week, and having a brand new car hurts the bank account a bit. Being a computer tech at a local school helps because of the 20$ an hour. I should have enough money saved by then. I really like it man.. nice bike

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
yeah, thats just how cool we are..you ask about suggestions for bikes you've narrowed it down too..then we go and throw a wrench in the works.. :smash: :whistle:

but it's all good..as long as u find the one thats right for you, thats all that matters :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is a katana750 too big for a beginner? its only got 90 hp but its 500+lbs i know i can take it easy until i learn to ride well, but what are your opinions? I rode my friends 04 zx6r and theres a $h*T load of bike there. Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
kats are great all around bikes..they are a bit heavier than ur average sportbike...most beginners would go for the 600 kat instead, but if u feel comforable after sitting on one..go for it , you'll save urself the growing out if stage then for a good long time. She'll treat you well if u got that route, and u've got alot of support here !

conversley, there are many people who get a 600 and stick with it..whatever floats ur boat.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.