Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
First off, welcome to the site! :cheers:

Did someone say SV650S? :D

I've got a 1999 I imported from Canada, it's been a good bike depite my blatant disregard for any type of periodic maintenance. I would highly recommend one.

Are you thinking a new bike or used?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
The SV will treat you well for a long time, and u wont grow out of it as quick as the 500 ninja or gs500s. all good bikes though!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I say get a '01 Katana 750, talk to me if your interested, oh and welcom to TWF. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
u know jdog, if u dont sell that Kat by spring, we're meetin up for a ride!! ok, done jackin this thread, just had to throw that in....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Don't worry, if I don't sell it by then it's a trade in. :jacked: :sorry:

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you are seriously considering an SV, then you should seriously consider a Ducati Monster 620ie. The suspension is miles better, and they can be had for close to the same price. There is currently one of each sitting in my shop right now, and believe me, there's no comparison!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
The SV will treat you well for a long time, and u wont grow out of it as quick as the 500 ninja or gs500s. all good bikes though!
I'm with Matt on this one! I owned a ninja 500 b4 and rode a SV650S. The SV is really nice, for a v-twin... :wink:

However, I dis-agree with Mojo. A guy that rides with WOS just got ride of a monster because he didn't like the maintance and it's quirks. The Duc's are like the Harleys of the sportbike world. They have a terrible maintance regement. :2cents:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Gas Man said:
However, I dis-agree with Mojo. A guy that rides with WOS just got ride of a monster because he didn't like the maintance and it's quirks. The Duc's are like the Harleys of the sportbike world. They have a terrible maintance regement. :2cents:
I've heard that from people who don't have them. My best friend has a 996 with 16k miles on it that he's done little other than change the oil on...

Being a 2v motor, the Monster requires even less maintenance.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Mojo said:
I've heard that from people who don't have them. My best friend has a 996 with 16k miles on it that he's done little other than change the oil on...

Being a 2v motor, the Monster requires even less maintenance.
Well, I'm glad to hear that. I just contantly hear about what I said. I'm glad to hear the opposite for a change... :bash:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Hey if your diggin the half nekkid look, take a look at the yami-FZ6. Similar but uses an inline 4 over the v-twin. I'm lovin mine so far.

Don't you just love it when you ask about two particular bikes, and everyone talks about everything but those two..hehe. :whistle:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions, i saw that kat its NICE!!.. If you could wait untill around March, I would most definitly without a doubt get it. Being 18 going to college and only working 20 hours a week, and having a brand new car hurts the bank account a bit. Being a computer tech at a local school helps because of the 20$ an hour. I should have enough money saved by then. I really like it man.. nice bike

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
yeah, thats just how cool we are..you ask about suggestions for bikes you've narrowed it down too..then we go and throw a wrench in the works.. :smash: :whistle:

but it's all good..as long as u find the one thats right for you, thats all that matters :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is a katana750 too big for a beginner? its only got 90 hp but its 500+lbs i know i can take it easy until i learn to ride well, but what are your opinions? I rode my friends 04 zx6r and theres a $h*T load of bike there. Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
kats are great all around bikes..they are a bit heavier than ur average sportbike...most beginners would go for the 600 kat instead, but if u feel comforable after sitting on one..go for it , you'll save urself the growing out if stage then for a good long time. She'll treat you well if u got that route, and u've got alot of support here !

conversley, there are many people who get a 600 and stick with it..whatever floats ur boat.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.