·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.local6.com/entertainment/3694706/detail.html

TV Bike Builder 'Indian Larry' Dies After Cycle Crash
POSTED: 11:46 am EDT August 31, 2004
UPDATED: 11:57 am EDT August 31, 2004

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A custom motorcycle builder who gained fame on television died early Tuesday after crashing during a weekend stunt in Charlotte, N.C.

"Indian Larry," whose real name was Larry Desmedt, appeared in movies and television shows. He has been featured on the Discovery Channel's Biker Build-Off series.

Deputy County Manager Mike Downs said about 8,000 people watched Desmedt on Saturday as he stood on the seat of a moving motorcycle.

Downs said the bike wobbled and he couldn't regain control of it.

Officials said Desmedt wasn't wearing a helmet and suffered head injuries. He died at 3:45 a.m. at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.

Indian Larry Website

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know he's a chopper guy..but still a rider, and a genious in the world of building bikes, etc. RIP Larry!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
So he was just doing one of the stunts he does all the time and lost control. What a shame. He was a great builder. He is now riding high in the skys now.

·
Banned
343 Posts
That sucks. Kinda freakie too ! I rode for the first time in like 17 years with out a helmet this weekend in South Carolina The riding wasnt so bad it was the way the bike sounded that bothered me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts