Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys what is the cheapest insurance you know of i think i am goin with progressive but is there cheaper stuff you know of

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GsxrJack said:
im not sure bull, but good luck on your bike purchase.havnt had a chance to wish you congratulations.. :cheers:
:thumbs: thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GsxrJack said:
ive been too busy hijacking threads...as u can see :whistle:
:lol: its all good i do it too.....we all do :lol: :twfrox: :loser:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Progressive was the most expensive for me at $1500 a year. Foremost (usually through Farmers) was $944. State Farm was $200. Who do you think I went with? All of those quotes were for full coverage. However, at the age of 16, I'll be surprised if State Farm will cover you.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Instead of you getting the insurance, have you mom add you to her plan and the bike. It will raise hers up a bit for a high-risk person like you(and I mean that because you are new to riding /driving, they all do that for new ppl driving and riding) but it will be cheaper overall.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Progressive was by far the most expensive.

Farmers Insurance was great but dont do any big bikes, for my F4 I think it was $286/yr.

State Farm is by far the best I have found lately - $580/yr for the 1K
Yea, I would say your probably going to have to have mom on your policy. But make sure you take all possible classes/tests and that will (hopefully) help as well.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You can also get a discount for being a good student. So study hard and earn good grades.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Progressive is only interested in insuring HD's bulldog... Try State Farm, or Farmer's, or every other place in the phone book besides Progressive.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
as of right now i have no collision but i am with progressive and its 500 with collision is just way too much. i am going to call state farm and hopefully they will insure me casue im 20

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Bull try National General Insurance Co. or Progressive should be the two cheapest in Ca.

I pay $55/yr with Progressive...liability only. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
on while we are on the subject what does liablility cover , comprehensive cover and collision cover.

im quesitoning myself about comprehensive and collision casue if you lowside your bike it is the roads fault usually and you didnt collide with another car. would that be comprehensive like if you where in the snow and ran off the road in your car.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
zx636r said:
on while we are on the subject what does liablility cover , comprehensive cover and collision cover.

im quesitoning myself about comprehensive and collision casue if you lowside your bike it is the roads fault usually and you didnt collide with another car. would that be comprehensive like if you where in the snow and ran off the road in your car.
Dat be correct..... liability covers the other persons car when you hit it. Collision covers your car for that accident,
and comprehensive covers everything else(hopefully).

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yeah but what exactly does comprehensive cover? caseu at my age 20 collision is just way too much, 2-3 years of me paying insurence i could have bought a new bike and then some.

like what happens if you wreck you bike but it does not involve another vehicle?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
zx636r said:
yeah but what exactly does comprehensive cover? caseu at my age 20 collision is just way too much, 2-3 years of me paying insurence i could have bought a new bike and then some.

like what happens if you wreck you bike but it does not involve another vehicle?
I might be wrong, but I think that's where comprehensive comes into play.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
well i hope your thinking right casue that would save me alot of money. ya no just dont do stupid **** around other cars. but then y is collision so expensive.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts