Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about it this morning, while I was out in the garage dealing with the fact that I couldnt ride today....but

Do you normally ride hard all the time, no matter what, shifting up higher in the rpms in the lower gears. Alot of it can depend on if you bought your bike used and how it was treated before you got it, or how you broke it in yourself of course.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I shift at the rev limiter all the time.. lol..

Nah, it depends on how I ride - I usually do it by feel, etc. So no idea what RPM because I don't pay attention to it, although when I want to bang out 1st-3rd all the way up the power band I am pretty consistent at hitting 12,5 which is where it is at.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
If just out cruising around, I will shift at lower RPM's, but I shift high in the band when riding hard.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my old yamaha wasnt quite broke in correctly back in the day when the first owner had it.. If I dont shift at atleast 6,000 rpm or so, she carries on like a banshee till i get up some speed.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
my old yamaha wasnt quite broke in correctly back in the day when the first owner had it
I'll start a new thread based on this comment.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Mine is so much depended on my mood and what I'm doing!

Sometimes, I'll shift at like 7 or 8 but when I'm getting on it...12 or 13 here I come!!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my limiter starts kicking in around 12,000 or so..u can feel a noticeable umph when u hit it, and its like, oh shiet!! better shift now!! :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Usually it's somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 unless I'm getting on it then it's between 9,000 to 12,000...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
If I am the first one at the light, or street racing, I will take first gear to around 9,000. Gives me a little leeway if I accidently hit neutral (done it a few times). But second I will take to redline because I don't have to worry about neutral. Never taken the other gears to redline. Normally, I will shift at 4-5K.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
No Worries said:
If I am the first one at the light, or street racing, I will take first gear to around 9,000. Gives me a little leeway if I accidently hit neutral (done it a few times). But second I will take to redline because I don't have to worry about neutral. Never taken the other gears to redline. Normally, I will shift at 4-5K.

I used to do the same thing and now I will shift at 6-7000 rpms on the street but if on highway I take it to the red all the time. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts