Two Wheel Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
actually ace, i don't want to :jacked: or stir up some shiat but i come from a gm familly, i'm the 3rd generation to work for gm. Although i don't work for GM specifically anymore, i do work in the auto industry. Quality assurance for tier 2 suppliers for all auto manufactures so i do have a very good grasp of the industry. I could ramble on about the dedication to quality of all the big names, and some of you might be surprised. But i'll save that for another day

Shan your right, a one day drop in stock means nothing in the big picture, even a loss in 1 quarter doesn't mean a whole lot.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Not that I am supporting one side or the other or to continue the :jacked:

But I heard today that GM was going to be dropping 2 badges... I figured Buick and ????

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
GasMan--
GM just made the all new 05 Buick.... i dont see me dropping it, its a nice car and a lil younger age group oriented now. They are puttign a lot of advertising dollars and R&D into the Buick to be dropping it anytime soon.

I dont see 'em dropping anything except maybe their European brands that most ppl dont evne know they make. If anything wwas gonna be dumped i'd guess Saab, they are nice but i never see many of em.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Gas Man said:

But I heard today that GM was going to be dropping 2 badges... I figured Buick and ????

The other was pontiac. I own some stock in GM. I got this in an email from my Broker. Or should I say the guy that I trust my money too. Those were only going to be dropped after Opel and the reorg of Holden. Opel is the worst selling car on there plate. And Holden is the newest brand, which is made in Australia. Dont look for a drop of any american brand till late 2006 or 2007.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Im always gonna see the buick as my grandmas car...even though they are some nice rides
I'm with ya!! The words Buick and young drivers don't go together....

I was just thinking Buick because most of the vechicles in that line share platforms with the other braches. So why not... but as Twisty said....they are getting rid of some...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Gas Man said:

Buick will not be dropped anytime soon. Buick is very popular in China of all places :crazy:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
GM backs off Buick/Pontiac statemtents
Company says brands are going nowhere

By ABC12/The Associated Press
Detroit — (03/25/05)-- Pontiac and Buick aren't going away. That's the message from General Motors to dealers alarmed by comments made by vice chairman Bob Lutz.
Speaking Wednesday in New York, Lutz said GM would "have to take a look at a phase-out" if brands like Pontiac and Buick fail to meet sales targets.

That prompted assurances to dealers from another top executive. Mark LaNeve, GM's sales and marketing chief for North America, told dealers in an e-mail yesterday that the automaker is not planning or even discussing the elimination of any brands.

LaNeve does say individual models could be dropped if necessary, to allow GM to focus its resources on stronger products.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/032505_AP_r2_gm_buick_pontiac.html

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Counterpoint-

GM: It's Worse Than You Thought

Every day there seems to be more bad news from General Motors. It's like a parody of BBC news in the early days of World War II. "And now, news of fresh disaster." The latest is that GM (nyse: GM - news - people ) is killing the Zeta program for America. Zeta was an Australian-developed platform--or architecture, as GM likes to call it--for rear-wheel-drive cars.

The rest:
http://www.forbes.com/columnists/2005/03/25/cz_jf_0325flint.html

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
jetskifast said:
Buick will not be dropped anytime soon. Buick is very popular in China of all places :crazy:
Screw China!! They can't drive land yahts!! There is like 4 trillion people over there... they ain't got no room for any big Buicks!!! :nonod:

But seriously, almost every Buick model can be scrubbed for it's sister cars in Chevy, Cadilac, and GMC.

I also noticed that Shan pruned the thread...which is good cause his Avalanche thread got :jacked:

Furthermore, I heard that same thing this morning on the radio. But of coarse they're going to say that... because the union a-holes haven't figured out who and how many they're going to lay off... :wtf: is wrong with this picture? :nonod:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Gas Man said:
Screw China!! They can't drive land yahts!! There is like 4 trillion people over there... they ain't got no room for any big Buicks!!! :nonod:

GM expects to sell more Buicks in China than United States over next year :whistle:
GM also expects to sell 25% of its Cadillacs in China by 2010.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Unions are a joke, I can't f'n stand them. When I go to a trade show I can't even plug a lamp in b/c some union prick making $25 an hour has to come do it while he's got a cheeseburger in his other hand.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Pigface1 said:
Unions are a joke, I can't f'n stand them. When I go to a trade show I can't even plug a lamp in b/c some union prick making $25 an hour has to come do it while he's got a cheeseburger in his other hand.
RANT ON

I'm with ya Pig!! My company doesn't have a union and are benifits of employment are top notch!

The unions do little of nothing besides take money out of the workers pocket!! They didn't help any of my friends in the electrical union, the auto workers union, the brick layers union, the food workers union, or the flight mechanics union! :nonod: :rant:

My brother just got laid off from the auto workers union... as they were approving a new contract with the union that had it right in the pamflet (sp?) saying that you wre suppose to get 2 weeks notice.... ya right... he came into work one day and had a pink slip waiting for him... he said what about my 2 week notice... they said your 2 week notice was the company starting to lay off 2 weeks ago... you SHOULD HAVE NOTICED that and planned on possibly being laid off!!! :wtf: is that CRAP!!!

Unions can blow me! :sorry: to all those union people but as far as I'm concerned they are nothing more than a big biz in themselves!!! thriving on the normal everyday worker!! I don't see any of the union big shots getting laid off!!! F them!!

Then my bro's union rep, said if you want to blame anybody blame Pres Bush.... :wtf: does that have anything to do with it!!! They're just pissed because their "man" KerryFerry didn't get elected... :wtf:

RANT OFF!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Pigface1 said:
Don't mind him, he's yet to read an article accurately. lol In fact, I'd be amazed to ever see him cite a reference worth a crap.
O, and I know Jetski and how he is! Don't worry about that!

Oh and :sorry: the :jacked: thread that got fixed got :jacked: again!! :redevil:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Pigface1 said:
Lets bring back good old days. Work seven days week 16 hours :cheers:
Pig feel guilty posting all day long on clock ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.