Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its sunday, sunny, 70 degrees, and low humidity. So nice that even the poser bikers are riding today. In the best mood, I left work, ready to meet my fellow motorcyclist on the southern louisiana roads and enjoy the day!
The first 'fellow motorcyclist' i run across is a clean R6 coming the opposite way. I give em a 'nice bike nice day' wave. He looks right at me and rides on by. Its ok though, mabye hes concentrating on going 30mph. Not far behind him is a Virago. I give em the same friendly wave and i get the same blank stare and subsequent ride by. Now i think i have a booger hangin out my helmet or mabye someone wrote something vulger on it, neither which were the case.
At the light i ponder how i could be snubbed twice in one mile. The light turns green. Mid-left-turn i see a harley sitting front line to my left. My averages are low with harleys, still I snap out a quick 'hey you' and i get one right back. That was the first and last one i got.
Now i dont wave if someone is accelerating, braking, low-siding, etc. but today was ridiculous! I must have been 1 for 20! Cruiser and sportbike alike. In the same amount of time it takes to turn thier head and look at me crazy, a head nod could have easily taken place. Ditto for the passengers.
So i wonder... does this happen to anyone else? or did i miss the memo that waving was 'so last-year'

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
We've talked about this at length before. It's disheartening when a fellow rider doesnt return the courtesy u extend them. Now harleys, gold wings, its pretty munch expected that you'll get a 10% return on ur waves, in most cases..at least from my experience.

But sportbikers, I usually get a return wave back nearly every time. Every now and then I wont but I just chalk that up to someone having a bad day, or zoning out or something. I always try to wave to everyone, we're a unique bunch of people doing something that not everybody does, to me, thats reason enuff to always extend a down low peace sign! :seeya:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
here in reno its bout the same, better iwht sportbike but still not 50% and a crusiser metric or american... 10-20%.

Ass's.

I get more wave from dipshat cages that wanna race andlose by a 1/2 a mile in the quater.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.