Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on this forum have one or know of someone who has a Ivan's T.R.E. installed on there Bike??? i am interested in purchasing one but have heard that it causes hard cold starts because of the relay tricking the computer to think it is in 5th gear??? is this true ??? can anyone help??? by the way i have a 98 GSXR-750 EFI

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's for the info , i was the originator of that thread but i guess i just didn't understand if it does cause hard starting? and is there anything i can do to remedy it???

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
So you have one installed and are now having problems starting it?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i haven't purchased it yet cause of the Hard starting problems I've heard about..but i don't know this as a fact

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I don't think it would... the advancing wouldn't be noticable until you get it reved up...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just on the speedwerks website and noticed that the Ivans TRE is on sale for 60 bucks but i didn't see it for my 98 GSXR750 and by the way do you carry the Smart TRE???

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750MKE said:
Thanx gasman..........by the way Nice avatar....is that a geo metro??
Yeah I think it is!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I know nothing about EFI, but if the other brand of TRE has an off switch, is that for use during starting? Does the slightly advanced ignition timing on the TRE make it harder to start when cold? I would think that richness would be more important to starting than timing. Can EFI's be choked like a carb for richer running by the rider, or is it all controlled by computer?

Here's something in the 101 Sportbike book (Project 79) that I didn't understand about installing a TRE. "Want to check to see if the unit is working, without breaking the law? Start the engine and set the rpm at 2,500 with the fast idle control. If the rpm drop(s?) when you pull in the clutch, the unit is functional." Can anyone explain why the rpm should drop when you pull in the clutch?

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I just put one on my 03 Gixxer 600.
I haven't noticed anything different on starts.
I have noticed some extra power in first only. :skep:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.