Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these are my first ebay purchases. hopefully they will arrive in one piece. A shiny tire hugger for 60 bucks and an exhaust bracket(powdercoated) for 15. I'll get some pics up when (if) I receive the items.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You won't have any problems receiving the bracket if you ordered it from "rocketbracket"; I have the same one. BUT, I thought you had a high mount exhaust?

I don't have any idea about the wheel hugger, but why do you need it? Is there something wrong with yours? If you wanted a "shiny" one, all you had to do was remove yours, then clean and paint it.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried that. It came out like crap. It was over the counter Krylon that's "suppose to" bond with plastic. I got a 430 dollar clothing allowance so it was pretty much free. You got picks of the bracket? You must have just got it because I remember the one you and your brother made.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
DLITALIEN said:
You got picks of the bracket? You must have just got it because I remember the one you and your brother made.
I don't have pics of it on the bike, but it's the same one you have pictured. Yeah, it's new; I bought it after my lowside at the track. The other one that I made got broken in the lowside (stock one would have been bent or broken if I'd left it on) and I found the new bracket on eBay. I didn't see the point in buying the stock passenger peg for $15-20 and then putting in time cutting, sanding and painting it when I could buy the other one for $15. It looks great on the bike. I'll have pics tomorrow because the garage lighting isn't the greatest for pictures.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
MORE PICS MORE PICS!!

:nopicsbs:

:whore:

(the 2 worse smilies and most used!)

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got the tire hugger. it looks tight as ****. I'm waiting on the bracket then I'll get some mo****in pics yo.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
jeeps84 said:
E-Bay is the shizt if you don't get carried away with the bidding.

So true.

Congrats on your new items from ebay.

Welcome back BusaBabe. Haven't seen you on to much. Keep up the posting. :dthumb:

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1BadCBR said:
I've purchased many items off of ebay and has been satisfied everytime....
There was only one time I got shafted but it wasn't for that much money. Otherwise every item was all good.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
DLITALIEN said:
There was only one time I got shafted but it wasn't for that much money. Otherwise every item was all good.
I'm over 150 on eBay rep and only got screwed once. It's not the only problem I've had but, the only one that couldn't be settled with emails or phone calls.

I try to look at sellers feedback to make sure I even want to bid on their products. I avoid the ones with several recent bad marks like the plague.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jeeps84 said:
I'm over 150 on eBay rep and only got screwed once. It's not the only problem I've had but, the only one that couldn't be settled with emails or phone calls.

I try to look at sellers feedback to make sure I even want to bid on their products. I avoid the ones with several recent bad marks like the plague.
I avoid ones with any bad ones. i will not get shafted again. I don't think I'll buy anything real expensive off of ebay. Proly keep it under 50-60 bucks from now on.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
marko138 said:
I love eBay. Tremendous money making scheme for some now rich bastard. But I've contributed quite a bit of money to this schmucks bank roll. It's a give take relationship.

And you can find just about anything you need there. Even for an old ass bike like mine.
:withstupi I love ebay. Have purchased tons on there and made tons of lute!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
DLITALIEN said:
I avoid ones with any bad ones. i will not get shafted again. I don't think I'll buy anything real expensive off of ebay. Proly keep it under 50-60 bucks from now on.
Ill give the benefit of doughty to the Power Sellers (tons of Feedback) as long as nothing bad within the year. That's a lot of people to satisfy all the time.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah and the people that have like 10,000 rep are going to come across a bunch more a-holes than the average person.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts