Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
1.5 miles!

J/K... I have no idea.

But figure it like this... say 35 miles per gallon fuel milage. The light probably comes on with 1 gallon left. So 30 miles is the max I would go...

· Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,176 Posts
marko138 said:
I suggest you forget about mileage and get your @$$ to a Gas station...:willy:
:withstupi
It depend on how your ridding to start with. If you take your time and stay out of the red line. You should be able to get a good 20 + miles out of it.

Keep track of your mileage by resetting your trip-ometer every fill up. Take notice when the light comes on. Again depending how you have been ridding. The light should start flashing some where around 100 to 140 miles (give or take) Any where after the 100 mark. I would plan my trip to intersect a gas station.

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
Yeah it seems like every once and a while you have to push the "reserve" a bit longer than you want to comfortably!

· Registered
9,794 Posts
I don't chance the gas light on a bike like I do with the car or truck. I don't even chance the car anymore, that damn thing runs out of gas all the time with 10 mpg, so at 1/4 tank I get my ass to the gas station.

I wouldn't want to leave my bike on the side of the road.

20,176 Posts
your trip-ometer is your friend. Use it on every fill up. Its like a gas gauge. You will learn when your at a 1/4 tank (from the mileage traveled) and need to seek a gas station.:2cents:

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
jeeps84 said:
your trip-ometer is your friend. Use it on every fill up. Its like a gas gauge. You will learn when your at a 1/4 tank (from the mileage traveled) and need to seek a gas station.:2cents:
Yep live and die by that trip!

20,176 Posts
slam150 said:
i was told on my 2005 kawi ninja that there is no reserve tank, and that when the light turns on, i better get my ass to a gas station. WHATS UP WITH THAT?:yikes: :angelhap:
That's common with most bikes today. The reserve has been known to stop up (run out of gas before you should) and it removes the petcock from the tank also. Less weight and part to create a leak.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.