Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I was doing a google search to find out info about the Z750S and I stumbled across this site. Figure it best to do a little introduction as I don't believe I know anyone here.

Like my handle eludes to, my name is Becca. I live in Kalamazoo, Michigan so I will probably frequent the Mid-West section here just like I do over at CamaroZ28.com Earlier this year (July) I decided to learn how to ride. A 1982 Yamaha X650J was purchased and I'm proud to say I haven't dumped it yet! So, now I have a bike bug. I even made a trip to Canada to check out the Z750. I kind of like their 750 styling better than the rediesigned US version, but the US model is cheaper in the end and there will be less red tape to deal with. I've already been in contact with two local dealers and am getting updates as to their ordering dates and the like. I WILL own one of these bikes!

Bit more background: I have a deep love for speed and performance. I owned a 1998 Camaro Z28 for a few years (bought used), then traded it in for a brand new 2002 Camaro SS LE when they announced it was the last year. I also Kart race which helps to eliminate some of the wear and tear I would otherwise cause my Camaro! I could go on about other interests, but I think that about covers what is most applicable.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Welcome to TWF becca...glad you made it...we've got many members in here from that area, so im sure u'll be able to hook up with them at some point.

Post away and have fun..be sure to sign up for the 2WT mag giveway and the scooter giveaway.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi Becca!!!!

Nice to meet ya!! I haven't got a bike yet or learned how to ride yet, but all that will change next spring. My hubby and I have decided to learn and get our own bikes. He wants a Ninja and I want a CBR 600 f4i...

I do share you love for speed though. Nothing like it in the world. As long as it's responsible...LOL

Hope to post with ya soon.

~* ChaR *~ :cheers:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Welcome to the site! We've got quite a large Michigan crowd here, so you're in good company.

I used to live there myself, and I know Kalamazoo quite well. I also have passion for performance, I own a 1998 Corvette.

You're going to love this place, the only problem you'll have it finding enough time to post! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
What up B. Performance is good. Performance and Yamaha go hand in hand. I would highly recommend the bar none best quality, performance and class of either the R6 or R1. You will not be disappointed. Good to see more Michigandeers on board on the TWF. GO BLUE!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys and gals. I guess I'm not what you would consider a very girly girl... I like cars, bikes, sports, and computers. Don't get me wrong, every now and then it's good to go out shopping and catch up on the gossip but I guess I never outgrew the tom boy phase.

Alas:
Go Blue, woot!
Go Lions, I will always cheer for them
Go Wings, if they have a season
I will watch other sports, but football is my favorite followed by hockey.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Becca_007 said:
Thanks for the replies guys and gals. I guess I'm not what you would consider a very girly girl... I like cars, bikes, sports, and computers. Don't get me wrong, every now and then it's good to go out shopping and catch up on the gossip but I guess I never outgrew the tom boy phase.

Alas:
Go Blue, woot!

Rock on!! you're fittin in here already...speed, performance, sports!! be sure and invite ur friends here as well.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Becca_007 said:

Alas:
Go Blue, woot!
Nothing wrong with that. My fiancee is the same way - she loves football, racing, etc. - That is my kind of girl for sure.. You can throw those high maintenance types back for sure. Rock on!

GO LIONS and take the Tigers with you!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe try Ohio or something..

Wings and NHL are dead to me so I cannot comment on that right now.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Becca_007 said:
Hi everyone. I was doing a google search to find out info about the Z750S and I stumbled across this site. Figure it best to do a little introduction as I don't believe I know anyone here.

Like my handle eludes to, my name is Becca. I live in Kalamazoo, Michigan so I will probably frequent the Mid-West section here just like I do over at CamaroZ28.com Earlier this year (July) I decided to learn how to ride. A 1982 Yamaha X650J was purchased and I'm proud to say I haven't dumped it yet! So, now I have a bike bug. I even made a trip to Canada to check out the Z750. I kind of like their 750 styling better than the rediesigned US version, but the US model is cheaper in the end and there will be less red tape to deal with. I've already been in contact with two local dealers and am getting updates as to their ordering dates and the like. I WILL own one of these bikes!

Bit more background: I have a deep love for speed and performance. I owned a 1998 Camaro Z28 for a few years (bought used), then traded it in for a brand new 2002 Camaro SS LE when they announced it was the last year. I also Kart race which helps to eliminate some of the wear and tear I would otherwise cause my Camaro! I could go on about other interests, but I think that about covers what is most applicable.

Can Some post a pic of the Z750....I need to see it :jacked:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Welcome Becca_007 and glad you have came acroos us from google. Post away and have fun. You have now founded your new home. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the board. I live in the Kalamazoo area as well so if you see either a Yamaha YZF 600 like in my avatar, or a 1991 yellow corvette, be sure to wave.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
twisty said:
Can Some post a pic of the Z750....I need to see it :jacked:
ask and ye shall receive...

also check out the suziki forum in here, has a few pics in it as well :thumbs:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Time for some pics...

Here is my 2002 Camaro SS LE. Only 3150 of these cars were made and I am the happy owner (or will be when the payments are done) of one.

Unfortunately this is a pic of the kart that I sold over the winter. I now race in the Rotax class so the engine is much different. Everything else is pretty much the same though.

Now for what brought me to this site to begin with; My 1982 Yamaha XJ650J. Since this was taken I've replaced the hand grips (one was torn), the front foot pegs, the mirrors, and the tires.

And last but not least, the Z750s is the bike I plan on buying next spring. It has been in Europe and Canada for a couple of years but Kawasaki finally announced it's US arrival for 2005.

Lol... or look above for a similar picture! The one in this post is supposed to be the US version.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

From a former camaro owner...NICE!!!!!! God I miss my '98

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Very nice rides. Be sure to let us know when you get the new rides. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
that xj650 looks like my old Maxim 650...but in much better condition than mine...very impressive !!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
that xj650 looks like my old Maxim 650...but in much better condition than mine...very impressive !!

Her seats look a little(alot) more comfortable then yours to sit on. :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My seat is pretty much a couch and it is very comfortable. She is a Maxim, or so I was told. That's what all the XJ J stuff is about. Someone had the bike sitting in a barn for several years so the chrome isn't real pretty and it needed some help to become road worthy. Heck, it needed a lot of help just to get started! Nothing that a lot of battery charging (after new battery was bought) and a turkey baster (to force the gas through) didn't fix. The tank and side covers were painted not to long ago, and I find it funny that they used bright chevy red... same exact color as my Camaro. I must also confess that the exhaust isn't quite so pretty right now either. The little cover that was welded on (under the left side front peg) fell off during a ride. Unless I get lucky in a salvage yard, it will NOT be replaced. Course this bike will soon be sold so I can have a down payment for the new one.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts